Varactor (varicap) FV1043, equivalent in LTSPICE

In summary, the conversation was about finding an equivalent varicap diode of FV1043 for an oscillator in LTSpice. The person asking for help was directed to do a Google search, and was also recommended a book for modeling. They later asked for clarification on why changing the varactor diode battery value did not change the frequency, but were able to fix the issue.
michael1978
Hello, everbody

can somebody help me to find equivalent varicap diode of FV1043, i can't find in ltspice FV1043
is for oscillator to change the frequency…..

thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I did a Google search for Varactor in SPICE, and got lots of hits. Are any of these of help?

https://www.google.com/search?q=varactor+in+spice&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

Beyond that, you may need to tune up the model on your own. The 2nd book below (snapshot from Amazon) is my favorite book for such modeling:

upload_2018-11-20_7-15-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-20_7-15-18.png
    upload_2018-11-20_7-15-18.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,270
i don't know to find similar:frown:

michael1978 said:
i don't know to find similar:frown:
Can somebody tell me, why he don't change the frequency, when i change the value of varactor diode battery, i don't know his name, he help to make the oscillator with varactor? do somebody know

AHhh Sir Balounce he make it for me oscillator 100MEGHZ, with tuning diode, but i try to change the voltage of varicap but frequency stay the same why? what for mistace i make:frown:

Hello i fix it, thnx………..

1. What is a Varactor (varicap) FV1043?

A Varactor (varicap) FV1043 is a type of semiconductor diode that is specifically designed to have a variable capacitance. This means that its capacitance can be adjusted by changing the voltage applied to it, making it useful in a variety of electronic applications.

2. How does a Varactor (varicap) FV1043 work?

The Varactor (varicap) FV1043 works by utilizing the reverse bias effect in a semiconductor diode. When a reverse voltage is applied, the depletion region within the diode widens, resulting in a decrease in capacitance. Conversely, when a forward voltage is applied, the depletion region narrows, resulting in an increase in capacitance.

3. What is the equivalent circuit model for a Varactor (varicap) FV1043 in LTSPICE?

The equivalent circuit model for a Varactor (varicap) FV1043 in LTSPICE consists of a parallel combination of a resistor and a voltage-dependent capacitor. The value of the resistor is typically very high compared to the capacitance value, and the capacitance is controlled by a voltage-dependent expression.

4. What are the main applications of a Varactor (varicap) FV1043?

Varactor (varicap) FV1043 is commonly used in frequency synthesizers, voltage-controlled oscillators, phase-locked loops, and other electronic circuits where a variable capacitance is needed. It is also used in tuning circuits for radio antennas, filters, and impedance matching networks.

5. How can I simulate a Varactor (varicap) FV1043 in LTSPICE?

To simulate a Varactor (varicap) FV1043 in LTSPICE, you can use the "D" device and specify the model name as "VARAC." You will also need to provide the relevant parameters such as the reverse breakdown voltage, series resistance, and the capacitance-voltage relationship. Additionally, you can use LTSPICE's built-in library of Varactor models or create your own model by fitting the data from the Varactor's datasheet.