Visualizing PF Members: Avatars, Names, and Identities

• Thread starter CrazyNinja
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Members
In summary: Kitten : ^ I like her. ^ 4) @Loki : He seems... well, Loki. 5) @Nyx : I don't know, she just seems... strange. 6) @Pixalate : She seems nice enough.In summary, Drakkith has already initiated a post on this, but I wanted to ask this again:How do you visualise a PF member when you interact with them? Do you see them as their avatars? What if they don't have one? Do you visualise them by their names? What if their names and av
jim hardy said:
for me, perhaps less coquettish ...
The-Little-Shepherdess.jpg
I felt like this today when the washing machine broke and I had to finish the washing manually

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
The real PF women the fourth witch is TSU.:biggrin:
coven500.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I couldn't find my dang TEETH that day!

We should have Evo drege up the Nuns with Guns photo. :biggrin:

wolram said:
This is how i picture Sophia.
Thank you Wolram, She's got a pretty face :)

Sophia said:
I felt like this today when the washing machine broke and I had to finish the washing manually
Did it give you a computer code ?
maybe post the symptoms in EE forum...?

we ought to have a DIY forum for home appliance repairs.

jim hardy said:
Did it give you a computer code ?
maybe post the symptoms in EE forum...?

we ought to have a DIY forum for home appliance repairs.
No, it didn't. There's only a red light with the icon of a wrench
This happened when the program was set to 95 degrees C and it was very hot so maybe it was short circuit (vocab?).
I'll go to the shop were it was bought and ask about repair. Though sometimes repair is almost as expensive as a new machine.

jim hardy said:
for me, perhaps less coquettish ...
The-Little-Shepherdess.jpg
Hmm, how about this?

http://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/tafel308_v-zweispaltig.jpg

Sophia said:
No, it didn't. There's only a red light with the icon of a wrench
Check your instruction manual to see if there's a button that'll make it give you a trouble code.

Then try a search on (brand of washer) (that trouble code)

A real common trouble with these fancy new ones is failure to drain because of clogged filter.
Filter is behind a panel that comes off with just a few screws, you'll find a youtube from somebody who's done it on your type machine. Be aware Whirlpool, Kitchenaid, Maytag, and a couple others all come off same assembly line.
Mine had a ball point pen refill, several bobby pins, some coins, a thin sock and yarn in it.

Good luck, i hope it's something that simple

old jim

Last edited:
Likes Sophia
fresh_42 said:
Hmm, how about this?

http://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/tafel308_v-zweispaltig.jpg
This is much better :-) I hope I'll be so smart someday :D

Tsu said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I couldn't find my dang TEETH that day!
Is that why I can't remember what you look like?
Because you forgot both your teeth and hat that day?
:H

ps. I would blame it on senility, but, IMHO, I've overused that excuse... :redface:

Wow. Total senility Om! :biggrin: I had my teeth IN that day... but no HAT! Now... MY senility is doing OK. I remember you. :eek:

Likes OmCheeto
wolram said:
The real PF women the fourth witch is TSU.:biggrin:
coven500.jpg
Rut Rho, Wolram found our photo album.

Likes CrazyNinja
Evo said:
Where's our Nuns with Guns photo? Do you still have it?

Evo said:
Oh yeah...and do you remember?...that wasn't TEA in those teacups at that little clotch we had that day. Good thing I couldn't find my teeth! We all got so toasted I might have swallowed 'em! :oldlaugh:

Likes Sophia
Tsu said:
Where's our Nuns with Guns photo? Do you still have it?
I have it. I hate this new forum software, you can't attach an image, it has to be hosted somewhere else.

xq3nOK.jpg

Likes Silicon Waffle and Tsu
Evo said:
I have it. I hate this new forum software, you can't attach an image, it has to be hosted somewhere else.

xq3nOK.jpg

YAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!1111!1!11111 YOU FOUND IT! It's my favorite. :approve:

Likes CrazyNinja
Evo said:

xq3nOK.jpg
But you can attach images.
Click on the "UPLOAD" button to the bottom right of the edit box, chose your file, and then click on the "Thumbnail" or "Full Image" button to include the picture:
Like this:
evo.jpg

Likes Evo
Samy_A said:
But you can attach images.
Click on the "UPLOAD" button to the bottom right of the edit box, chose your file, and then click on the "Thumbnail" or "Full Image" button to include the picture:
Like this:

I guess you can teach an old mule new tricks. Here's me .

Last edited:
Likes collinsmark, Silicon Waffle, gjonesy and 3 others
Evo said:
Here's me .
Now now. You shouldn't hide your well-developed musculature from years of swinging the banhammer...
evo.png

Likes CrazyNinja, Evo, collinsmark and 3 others
Psinter said:
@Evo - I must confess I was terrified of this member when I first came here

No need to fear this mentor, Evo uses pretty sound judgment, I had a friendly conversation going on about the world clock and Armageddon, that was taken of topic and went in a direction I didn't intend for it to go, (I do not really like politics even though I had a 4.0 in political science) it got political, so the thread was cut. When you get people together that have strong opinions and can put up an intelligent argument either way the conversation goes, it helps to have a referee that can step in. Otherwise it can descend into chaos. JMHO. Other mentors will slap a warning on you in heartbeat even if they know your argument is sound logical and even factual. If you can't post peer reviewed papers or articles of study from an (accepted) source that support your point of view you will get a warning and it counts against you.

Last edited:
Likes Psinter
Evo said:
I guess you can teach an old mule new tricks. Here's me

Um if you are a mule then Ashley Judd must be a horse, lol

Beautiful with brains, great combination...:wink:

I picture people based on their avatar and name.

I identify members by their avatar, I don't necessarily picture them at all. I picked my avatar because it reminded me of a group having a discussion.

Likes CrazyNinja
Just a thought... am I too ambiguous for identifying/visualizing? :nb)

giphy.gif

Likes Psinter, Sophia and Mondayman
oops - never mind

Likes Silicon Waffle
Silicon Waffle said:
Come on don't waffle around now, we can have fun with this! :wink:

Likes Silicon Waffle
jim hardy said:
oops - never mind
Your face is in your avatar, I remember also having seen your picture taken with Greg some time ago. I have a facebook Australian friend whose brother's kids or nephews take after you in the avatar very much :biggrin:. They look very beautiful.
Edit to add an image.

cutebabies.jpg

Last edited:
Likes jim hardy
1oldman2 said:
Come on don't waffle around now, we can have fun with this! :wink:
Will you still love me if you see me like that ?
People only sound real and cute via their monitor screens or chat boards but in face-to-face meetings what they act and say might be disheartening. :frown:

Likes CrazyNinja and 1oldman2
Silicon Waffle said:
Will you still love me if you see me like that ?
People only sound real and cute via their monitor screens or chat boards but in face-to-face meetings what they act and say might be disheartening. :frown:
True! Better use our imagination to create a wonderful fantasy world of avatars. It's a safe refuge for us introverts :)

Likes CrazyNinja, fresh_42, PWiz and 1 other person
Evo said:
I guess you can teach an old mule new tricks. Here's me . https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/96050

Wow, what a looker:woot::woot:

Oh Woolie...Honey...that picture is about 200 years old! Don't you remember she used it back in 2003? By now she's all fat and lumpy, running around in her housecoat and fuzzy slippers, curlers in her hair and a cigarette hanging out of her mouth...kinda like a fat Maxine. :biggrin:

155440-Maxine-On-Groundhogs-Day.jpg

Likes Evo and wolram
Tsu said:
Oh Woolie...Honey...that picture is about 200 years old! Don't you remember she used it back in 2003? By now she's all fat and lumpy, running around in her housecoat and fuzzy slippers, curlers in her hair and a cigarette hanging out of her mouth...kinda like a fat Maxine. :biggrin:

View attachment 96077
It was the first picture that was labeled "me". Of course all pictures on my computer are old. :biggrin:

Likes Sophia and collinsmark
Evo said:
It was the first picture that was labeled "me". Of course all pictures on my computer are old. :biggrin:
SERIOUSLY old. :biggrin:

naahhhh ,

Evo must resemble this pretty voyageur
350px-John_William_Waterhouse_-_The_Lady_of_Shalott_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

only happier .

Silicon Waffle said:
I have a facebook Australian friend whose brother's kids or nephews take after you in the avatar very much
Handsome children !
Thanks, Silicon , but I'm much more homely in person.
do you remember "The Clovers" from 1959?
"... I am a flop with chicks,
i've been this way since 1956.."

Likes Sophia, Silicon Waffle and Evo