Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wanting a wife?

1. Apr 11, 2007 #1

wolram

Gold Member

It has been a long time, but i feel having a wife would be the crowning
    glory to a rather jaded life, i am set in my ways ,and not sure if i could
    adapt to married life again, but there is this emptiness, want, need, maybe
    selfish thought, that a person could fit my ideal, and adapt/fit to my life style,
    i could change a little i guess, but not much, i mean if she did not like old
    motorbikes there would be no chance, but there again if she loved some
    girly thing i would support it, cobblers i do not know how to explain further.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2007 #2
    I hear Russia sells nice wives, HIGH FIVE!

At your age, I'd say yes. Find yourself a second wife. You're not starting a family, you just want someone to be close to. If it doesnt work out, just divorce her. Its no consequence to any kids, so who cares.

4. Apr 11, 2007 #3
    My opinion is that you get out there and maybe start having a look around, meet some new woman and if something clicks then great.. you really cant plan these things to much, there arent calculations you can do because something unexpected always happens. I'd say follow your heart and do what you think is best for you

"As you pursue your dreams,
    Remember to take time to help and serve others even if doing so slows you down a little
    As you explore and develop your unique talents,
    Remain humble, realizing that your special abilities are gifts from God.
    As life hands you challenges, welcome them as ways to become smarter and stronger.
    As you acquire material things, know that your most important possessions
    Are honesty, integrity, and the desire to make a difference.
    May your new path take you where you want to go but also bring you pleasant surprises"

5. Apr 11, 2007 #4
    I didn't know just how much I missed haveing a partner, untill I got re-married. I don't think I would of married if, he expected me, or I expected him to change. Yet I notice, somethings have changed as we learned to work together.
    I think you will do just fine.

6. Apr 11, 2007 #5
    If you want to get women interested in marrying you, get a black leather jacket and cruise around on the bike playing yourself up as a rogue womanizer who refuses to be caught in marriage.

7. Apr 11, 2007 #6

ShawnD

Science Advisor

That only works if you want to hook up with the most retarded women on the planet :wink:

8. Apr 11, 2007 #7

turbo

Gold Member

It worked for the former warden of the Maine State Prison (who was president of the United Bikers of Maine at the time) and she was quite a cutie and a smart and sweet lady, to boot. He put out a personal ad that said in effect, "I won't change for you and I don't want you to change for me." Thanks to him, we got Malcolm Forbes to come to our "Toys for Tots" charity ride one year and bring hot-air balloons to give captive rides to the kids (the balloons were captive, not the kids) and arrange helicopter rides and fly-overs of his private and corporate jets. Malcolm was a hell of a nice guy, and his presence at our annual fund-raiser spurred the attendance of local politicos (Gov, Senators, etc) that elevate biker's causes to the point where they cannot be ignored.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  9. Apr 11, 2007 #8

ShawnD

Science Advisor

Interesting.

10. Apr 11, 2007 #9

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I hope you're not looking for a wife just to bring life to your life.

Because if it is, it's guaranteed to fail... again.

11. Apr 11, 2007 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey, first things first...get out on some dates! :biggrin: I used to be jealous of my 80-something neighbor at my old house...she had a better social life and more boyfriends than I did. Women who have been widowed often feel those same needs. I think my mom actually has had more fun in her second marriage than her first. There was no pressure the second time around to raise a family or get through the lean years starting out in life together, just enjoying being themselves together and keeping each other company.

Or, get a cat. That's what I did when it started feeling too lonely around here. :biggrin:

12. Apr 11, 2007 #11

wolram

Gold Member

Well i have had no luck catching a sister ,so it is a huge drop to go for
    anything else, it just seems the local women are so not interested in
    anything i am.
    Cyrus the Russian women are so easy to talk to, but far to young.

13. Apr 11, 2007 #12
    Nothing beats a mail order Russian Bride Wolly, Da?

14. Apr 12, 2007 #13

wolram

Gold Member

I find the Russian women i have had email contact with are inteligent, but
    unrounded, (to young), the photos i have had sent to me would blow your mind.
    But one knows these (girls) only want a ticket out of Russia, i do feel sorry
    for them, but not enough to put my hand in my pocket.

15. Apr 12, 2007 #14
    Yeah, stay away from them...but I know what you mean. In high school my friend and I saw those russian wives on one of those websites and some of them are model quality....yowzas.

16. Apr 12, 2007 #15

wolram

Gold Member

It is strange, but when these girls communicated with me, their posts were almost identical in content, i am sure their last year in education dealt only in (how to hook a westerner) and may be model classes, but as they say in
    the motor industry, all show and no go, or the supercar will make you super poor.

17. Apr 12, 2007 #16

Lisa!

Gold Member

Sir, givethe women around you a chance! Who knows ? Perhaps you get to like 1 even if she'd not interested in motorbikes.

It worked on me!:wink:

18. Apr 12, 2007 #17

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

A bachelor friend of mine responded to one of those Russian brides. It turned out to be a racket - the picture was that of a Russian actress and the photo had been used under several different names.

If one wanted a Russian bride, one would have to go to Russia and meet one in person.

Yes, apparently there is a common script that various organizations use.

Apparently there are legitimate organziations, but how to tell which is or is not legitimate, I don't know.

Like Moonbear suggested, get out there and look locally.

19. Apr 12, 2007 #18
    Maybe try a dating website? I have never tried it but I have a relative who met someone online, a few years later they were married, and they are still a very happy married couple.

I think you usually have to pay some fee per message you send but its pretty affordable. I wish you good luck in your search!

20. Apr 12, 2007 #19

J77

Last year in education?!?

Sorry to be cynical, but I would think that the Russian bride/email thing is massive business -- ie. a load of ex-farmhands knocking off these emails and attaching a glamourous photo of...

Don't you watch Eastenders at the moment? Libby and Darren are pulling the scam -- if it's hit Albert Square, it must be more public than the old Nigerian email scam thing :wink:

Still, good luck with the cause :smile:

21. Apr 12, 2007 #20

wolram

Gold Member

Most confusing, but who noes :smile: maybe i need lessons on chat up
    lines that work on inteligent women, and wear my leather jacket and pants.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?