Water Cooling System: Simple & Affordable Solution

In summary, a Tunisian mechanical engineering student is looking for an inexpensive way to cool water for a practical internship. They currently have a system with compressors and an outdoor pool, but need a cooling system before the water reaches the compressors. They are looking for simple and affordable options such as cooling towers, spray bars, and atomizing fountains with lower power input, or chillers, turbo coolers, and long distance recycling to a natural cold water source with higher power input. They have received helpful resources from other members, including websites on process cooling and evaporative cooling. They plan to read these resources and may come back with more questions.
YasmineBS
Hey everyone :)

I am a Tunisian Mechanical engineer student, doing my first practical internship. I need to find a way to cool water, that isn't expensive.

I have 'ambient heat' water that comes from an outdoor pool, then it goes to 3 different compressors, in order to cool them, then that same water goes back to the outdoor pool... and so on. I need to have a system that cools the water before it's arrival to the compressors.

I don't really know from what to start, what to read. It needs to be simple and not expensive.Many thanks !

Engineering news on Phys.org
Thank you so much, I will be reading them.
And I will come back if I have more questions.
Really helpful :)

FAQ: Water Cooling System: Simple & Affordable Solution

1. What is a water cooling system?

A water cooling system is a type of cooling mechanism used in computers to keep the internal components at a safe operating temperature. It uses water or a liquid coolant to transfer heat away from the components, allowing them to run more efficiently.

2. How does a water cooling system work?

A water cooling system consists of a pump, radiator, water block, and tubing. The pump circulates the liquid coolant through the water block, which is attached to the CPU or other components. The coolant absorbs heat from the components and is then cooled down in the radiator. The cooled liquid is then pumped back into the system to repeat the cycle.

3. Is a water cooling system better than air cooling?

It depends on the specific needs and preferences of the user. Water cooling systems are generally more efficient at dissipating heat, which can result in better performance and quieter operation. However, they can be more expensive and require more maintenance than traditional air cooling systems.

4. How much does a water cooling system cost?

The cost of a water cooling system can vary greatly depending on the components and brand. On average, a basic water cooling system can cost anywhere from $100 to $200, while more high-end systems can cost upwards of $500.

5. Is it difficult to install a water cooling system?

Installing a water cooling system can be more complex than a traditional air cooling system, but it is not necessarily difficult. It requires some basic knowledge of computer hardware and careful attention to instructions. Many manufacturers also provide step-by-step guides and tutorials to help with the installation process.

Back