Electrical Welder Transformer Issue

• Thread starter Redio
  • Start date
Hello can any one how to convert this transformer in a welder transformer
20190409_193551.jpg

20190409_193824.jpg

In a welder transformer

Hello Mr radio
That's ok, well explanation about what do to use it?

I need this transformer to make a welder the input voltage is 220v and the output is 108v and58 v but in 58 volt is has no amperage

May I ask what experience you have with electronics because creating a welder with a transformer can be quite dangerous. I haven’t done it but I have learned about the danger when I wanted to make one.

I finished the welder but i have somme issues on the input voltage is to hight is 143 volt

I have both practical and theoretical experience on welder stuff.. So I need to ask you some question about your present transformer

I have both practical and theoretical experience on welder stuff.. So I need to ask you some question about your present transformer
Thnx .my transformet is 220v input and 140 v out pu

I have also putet a bridger rectifier
1PCS-FUJI-6RI75E-080-6RI75E080-Module-New-100-Best.jpg

And 2 condesatorss 4700uf 450 volt

On the contrary your transformer is 220/110 step down/step up. It has 4 block of coils.. Each with voltage rate of approximately 55V ... Therefore with this parameters you can only have secondary output of minimum 73V.. By taking 3 block and put them in series and also isolating the 4th coil connection to be the secondary... You will have 220V input 73V output and probably 20-30% duty cycle.. What can u weld with this high voltage of 73V care must be taking operating with such high voltage.. And remember the current might be lower than expected.. You can increase that by changing the secondary winding with a 2X size of the original coil and half the turns then you will get 2* your current and the voltage drod to half.(31.5V) thanks

Thnx for the advice

Or more

Much beter now 75 volt an 80volt on the other core thnx

Thanks for understanding my guide

anorlunda

Mentor
Insights Author
Gold Member
The OP question has been well answered. Thread closed.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads