What 4 year colleges are there in california where you can study engineering at

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
land_of_ice
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
Can anyone recommend a school in California, other than:
UCLA, Berkley, Cal State North ridge, or Sandiego, that offers Electrical engineering , and physics
 
Physics news on Phys.org
UC Davis. That's where I got my BSEE (MSEE at another school), and very much enjoyed the physics classes that I took there. That was 30 years ago, but I generally go back each year for "Picnic Day" in the spring, and their EE and engineering programs have been growing steadily.
 
Stanford has an excellent Engineering Department as well.
 
Dembadon said:
Stanford has an excellent Engineering Department as well.

Stanford is more difficult to get into than Berkley , correct?
 
I can't imagine you couldn't find an EE program and physics courses at any 4 year uni. The questions should be quality of program, cost of attendance (include dorm or apartment expenses if you can't commute and commuting expenses if you can). Also consider your path. If you are planning to seek out a Masters, UC programs will probably be better, but Cal State tend to be more hands on which is more inline with starting work with your BS (at least that's what I'm told by my physics/engineering professor). Neither should be a limiting factor for going for a Masters or starting work with a BS. I'd try to get into the best program you can afford.