Discover Common Mistakes: What Am I Doing Wrong?

• Thread starter camboguy
  • Start date
In summary, the most common mistake people make when trying to discover their mistakes is not being open to feedback and self-reflection. One way to identify patterns in your mistakes is to keep a journal or log of your actions and the outcomes. Asking for feedback from others can also be helpful in discovering mistakes. To avoid making the same mistakes in the future, it is important to reflect on the root causes and develop strategies to address them. Common mistakes can also be a good thing as they provide opportunities for learning and growth.
camboguy
what am i doing wrong?

mathhelp2.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org

You have the right value for the integral you show. If you are calculating area, then you shouldn't get a negative value, so your integral is set up wrong in that case.

If the problem was "Find the area between [itex]x= y^2- 4y[/itex] and [itex]x= 2y- y^2[/itex] for y between 0 and 3" you should note that [itex]2y- y^2> y^2- 4y[/itex] for y between 0 and 3 so you have the subtraction backwards.

FAQ: Discover Common Mistakes: What Am I Doing Wrong?

1. What is the most common mistake people make when trying to discover their mistakes?

The most common mistake people make when trying to discover their mistakes is not being open to feedback and self-reflection. It is important to have a growth mindset and be willing to acknowledge and learn from your mistakes.

2. How can I identify patterns in my mistakes?

One way to identify patterns in your mistakes is to keep a journal or log of your actions and the outcomes. Look for similarities in your mistakes and try to understand the underlying causes.

3. Is it helpful to ask for feedback from others when trying to discover my mistakes?

Yes, asking for feedback from others can be very helpful in discovering your mistakes. Other people may have different perspectives and insights that can help you identify blind spots or patterns in your mistakes.

4. How can I avoid making the same mistakes in the future?

To avoid making the same mistakes in the future, it is important to reflect on the root causes of your mistakes and develop strategies to address them. This could include seeking guidance or support, setting reminders, or making changes to your approach.

5. Can common mistakes be a good thing?

Yes, common mistakes can be a good thing as they provide opportunities for learning and growth. By reflecting on and understanding our mistakes, we can improve our skills and decision-making abilities.

Back