What are skills needed to get good job in aeronautical engineering?

In summary, the conversation discusses the skills required to obtain a high-paying job in the field of aeronautical engineering. The individual has completed their 12th grade and has joined a Btech course in Aeronautical engineering. They are seeking advice on which skills they should develop to increase their chances of getting a job in reputed companies. The conversation also includes links to resources that provide information on aeronautical engineer job profiles and skills required for the profession. The speaker also shares their personal experience, suggesting that having a range of personal engineering projects can be beneficial for securing a job in this field.
tanmay
Sir
I have completed my 12th
I have joined Btech course in Aeronautical engineering.
My Course is starting on next month.
So Sir I want to which skills are required to get highest paying job in reputed companies as aeronautical engineer, So I can develop this skills in my course.

Physics news on Phys.org
These may help:
https://nationalcareersservice.dire...ning/jobprofiles/Pages/aerospaceengineer.aspx
https://targetjobs.co.uk/careers-ad.../277079-aeronautical-engineer-job-description
http://www.mymajors.com/career/aerospace-engineers/skills/
(They were first page google results for an 'aeronautical engineer skills' search FYI)

In my own (limited) experience, having a range of personal 'engineering' projects has been most helpful. It shows engineering is not just the degree I choose, it's what I've been doing from a young age. So go build some drones & RC planes!

Likes tanmay

1. What specific technical skills do I need to have for a career in aeronautical engineering?

Some of the key technical skills required for a career in aeronautical engineering include proficiency in mathematics, physics, and computer-aided design (CAD). It is also important to have a strong understanding of aerodynamics, materials science, and control systems. Hands-on experience with aircraft design and maintenance is also highly valued.

2. Are there any non-technical skills that are important for a successful career in aeronautical engineering?

While technical skills are crucial, non-technical skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication are also essential for a career in aeronautical engineering. Engineers must be able to work well in teams, manage projects effectively, and adapt to new technologies and processes.

3. Is a degree in aeronautical engineering necessary to work in the field?

While a degree in aeronautical engineering is the most direct path to a career in the field, it is not always necessary. Many engineers working in the aerospace industry have degrees in related fields such as mechanical or electrical engineering. However, a degree in aeronautical engineering can provide a more specialized and comprehensive education for this specific industry.

4. What other qualifications or certifications should I consider to stand out in the job market?

In addition to a degree in aeronautical engineering, obtaining relevant certifications can make you a more competitive candidate for job opportunities. Some examples include the Professional Engineer (PE) license, which requires passing an exam and having a certain amount of work experience, and the Aerospace Engineering Technician certification offered by the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET).

5. How important is hands-on experience for securing a job in aeronautical engineering?

Hands-on experience is highly valued in the field of aeronautical engineering. Employers often prefer candidates who have completed internships or co-op programs, as it demonstrates practical skills and knowledge of the industry. Additionally, participating in extracurricular activities such as student design teams or research projects can also provide valuable hands-on experience and make you stand out in the job market.