What are the meter readings in the circuit?

In summary, the conversation is about finding the meter readings in a circuit using Ohm's Law. The poster attempted to solve the problem by using the formula for equivalent resistance in parallel, but their answers were incorrect. They were asked to clarify the value of 75 and reminded of the formula for equivalent resistance in parallel.
looi76

Homework Statement

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/8240/1005200803ki4.png [Broken]
What are the meter readings in the circuit on the top?

Homework Equations

[tex]V = IR[/tex]

The Attempt at a Solution

[tex]I = \frac{V}{R}[/tex]

[tex]A_2 = \frac{12}{\frac{20}{75}} = 45A[/tex]

[tex]A_3 = \frac{12}{\frac{30}{75}} = 30A[/tex]

[tex]A_1 = \frac{12}{75} = 0.16A[/tex]

Are my answers correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think your answers are correct. What is 75? Is it supposed to be total equivalence resistance of the circuit? If so, then that means the equivalent resistance of the resistors in parallel is 25 ohms, which is not right. What is the formula to find equivalent resistance of resistors in parallel?

I cannot confirm the accuracy of your calculations without more information about the circuit. The meter readings will depend on the specific values of resistance and voltage in each branch of the circuit. Additionally, the readings may change over time as the circuit operates. I recommend double-checking your calculations and making sure you have all the necessary information to accurately determine the meter readings.

What are the meter readings in the circuit?

The meter readings in a circuit refer to the values displayed on the various meters used to measure electrical quantities such as voltage, current, and resistance.

Why are meter readings important in a circuit?

Meter readings are important because they provide valuable information about the functioning of a circuit. They can help identify any potential problems or malfunctions, and can also be used to calculate the power and efficiency of the circuit.

What types of meters are commonly used in circuits?

The most commonly used meters in circuits are voltmeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters. Voltmeters measure voltage, ammeters measure current, and ohmmeters measure resistance.

How are meter readings taken in a circuit?

Meter readings are taken by connecting the meter in series or parallel with the component being measured. The correct mode and range must be selected on the meter, and the reading is then displayed on the meter's screen.

What factors can affect meter readings in a circuit?

The accuracy of meter readings can be affected by factors such as the quality of the meter, the condition of the circuit components, and the skill of the person taking the readings. Environmental factors such as temperature and humidity can also impact the readings.