What does these electric components represent?

In summary, the conversation discusses various electric components, such as opamps, voltage sources, and constant current sources. The main topic of discussion is the representation of these components and their relationship to each other, specifically the use of opamps in comparators and other applications. There is also a mention of the appropriate category for this conversation, with the suggestion of Physics instead of Mathematics.
Physics news on Phys.org
1)
Opamp (operational amplifier)
2)
could be a Voltage Source (usually there is a symbol in the circle)
3)
Constant Current Source

Why did you post this under "mathematics"? I would think it would do better under "Physics".

oook

the first one looks like a comparator, not an opamp.

opamps can be comparators...

its been a while since i went thru opamps. but as far as i remember, opamps are made up of comparators.

jablonsky27 said:
its been a while since i went thru opamps. but as far as i remember, opamps are made up of comparators.

Comparators as well as inverting amps, non-inverting amps, summers, differentiators, and integrators, etc are made up of op-amps. A comparator is an application of an op-amp.

Related to What does these electric components represent?

1. What is the purpose of electric components?

Electric components are used to control and manipulate the flow of electricity in a circuit. They can be used to store, amplify, or switch electrical signals.

2. What are the different types of electric components?

There are numerous types of electric components, including resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, transistors, and integrated circuits. Each type has a specific function in a circuit.

3. How do electric components work?

Electric components work by utilizing the properties of electricity, such as resistance, capacitance, and inductance, to regulate the flow of electrons in a circuit. They can be connected in different configurations to achieve specific desired outcomes.

4. Can electric components be combined?

Yes, electric components can be combined in various ways to create more complex circuits. This allows for the creation of different types of devices, such as computers, smartphones, and other electronic devices.

5. How do I choose the right electric components for my project?

The selection of electric components for a project depends on the specific requirements and goals of the project. Factors to consider include the type of circuit, voltage and current ratings, and the desired functionality of the circuit. It is important to consult with a knowledgeable individual or reference materials to ensure the correct components are chosen for the project.