What force is needed to collapse this spring-loaded pair of arms?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter beashayyael
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Collapse Force Pair
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 1K views
beashayyael
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hello .
The goal is to look for what force F I need to apply in order to return the arms to the closed position. Attached is a schema in the hope that my purpose will be understood
I want to know what forces are acting on the system of the arms as well as the springs
Many thanks in advance
 
Attachments
  • סכמה של הזרוע.png
    סכמה של הזרוע.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 175
Physics news on Phys.org
Arm release: The system release is like an awning to the sun that has arms.
When the awning opens the arm opens and because the spring is stretched the arm tends to open. And when I want to return the awning to the closing position with the help of the spring force the arms are returned to their original place
I added again the agreement in which there is the spring in all three modes
Thank you very much for your reference. Daniel
 
Attachments
  • סכמה של הזרוע.png
    סכמה של הזרוע.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 176