What GOOD has George W. Bush done for the USA?

• News
  • Thread starter Keyser Söze
  • Start date
mheslep
Gold Member
Clinton: 1

Bush: 2
What are you thinking? In '93 alone there was also the Pansi attack at the front gate of the CIA. Look at the links posted above. There were dozen of attacks on US civilians throughout the world and domestically all during the 90's, including one or more famous attacks nearly every year. By any measure attacks on US citizens have declined in this decade.

Please cite one.

yes

No such 'terr. proof utopia' claim has been made here, that is a strawman. The question is one of relative improvement.

'93 World Trade center attack under Clinton?
The anthrax attacks were mentioned. Also the DC snipers, suicide massacres at NIU, Virginia tech. etc.

Second of all, there was no straw man, the claim that the Bush has kept us "safe from terrorism since 9/11" was made.

Third, I don't see this "relative improvement".. And I don't see any truth in Russ' claim that there were far fewer attacks in the last seven years. How many fewer attacks are we talking here?

Last edited:
What are you thinking? In '93 alone there was also the Pansi attack at the front gate of the CIA. Look at the links posted above. There were dozen of attacks on US civilians throughout the world and domestically all during the 90's, including one or more famous attacks nearly every year. By any measure attacks on US citizens have declined in this decade.
Only if you don't count what is going on in Iraq. American civilians are being attacked constantly there.

mathwonk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
the best thing george bush has done for america is make it absolutely clear how foolish it is to elect an ideologically paralyzed moron as president. he has also made reluctant citizens sit up and take a role in the current contest. this seems likely to insure that a more intelligent candidate will at last be chosen next time. i.e. he has given the public an undeniable object lesson in political savvy.

Last edited:
WarPhalange
He also showed how truly spineless the democrats really are.

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
this seems likely to insure that a more intelligent candidate will at last be chosen next time.
...a more intelligent candidate... - I guess so.
...the more intelligent candidate... - I remain highly skeptical of that.

mathwonk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Indeed, he has done a remarkable thing and raised the level of candidates from both parties. Neither wants to be caught with someone like that as their standard bearer this time. How can we lose?