What is the annual salary for a Physicist with a degree or Master's degree?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 8K views
Abiel Mehrete
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi, I will be starting college (grade 11 and 12 in the UK) in September 2012. I am very interested in Physics and Maths. I have always showed brilliance in those two subjects even in my early childhood. So I am planning to go for a Physics Master's Degree. I have a lot of family to support and I also have big dreams. I wanted to know if a Master's Degree in Physics could get me a minimum of £120,000 a year. I haven't been introduced to all of the fields of Physics, so I would like to have an average and a minimum please.
Thank you,
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Abiel Mehrete said:
What is the annual salary for a Physicist with a degree or Master's degree?

It depends.

Abiel Mehrete said:
I wanted to know if a Master's Degree in Physics could get me a minimum of £120,000 a year.

The nominal minimum is zero pounds a year. If you consider opportunity cost, the minimum may be lower than that.
 
And note that most of that discussion is about PhDs.