What is the composite power of multiple RF signals?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 6K views
Eventide
I need to calculate the composite power at the input of an RF distribution system, is it just the sum of the signals in milliwatts at the input? I can measure each individual signal with an a spectrum analyser but I do not have a power meter to anable measurement of the total power.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Eventide said:
I need to calculate the composite power at the input of an RF distribution system, is it just the sum of the signals in milliwatts at the input? I can measure each individual signal with an a spectrum analyser but I do not have a power meter to anable measurement of the total power.
Yes. I presume the signals are incoherent eg different frequencies, so they add on a power basis. Do not add them in decibels.