What is the distance of the image to this lense

  • Thread starter Thread starter xinlan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Image
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 8K views
xinlan
Messages
61
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A lens placed at the origin with its axis pointing along the x-axis produces a real inverted image at x = -24 cm that is twice as tall as the object

What is the image distance?

Homework Equations



m = -d'/d

The Attempt at a Solution



I thought d=24 cm. and h' = -2h
then use m = h'/h to solve for the m. which I got m = -2.
then I used m = -d'/d
-2 = -d'/24
d' = 48 cm.

I don't know where I did wrong..
please help me..
thanks..
 
Physics news on Phys.org