What is the effect of slope on velocity?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
denzel
Messages
9
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


You are sliding downhill a slope of 10% (what angle is that?). Calculate how the starting velocity of 10 km/h changes within the first 120 s. After that you try to climb up an icy hill with 5% slope. Is that possible?

Homework Equations


Vf = Vi +At

The Attempt at a Solution


I tried to put acceleration as -9.81 and using the kinematic formula Vf = Vi +At but the result was way too big. Should I take those 5.71 degrees and do something with them?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Like %100 slope is 90 degree %0 slope is 0 degree so %10 is ??

Try to calculate the acceleration that you ll gain in inclined plane
 
Arman777 said:
Like %100 slope is 90 degree %0 slope is 0 degree so %10 is ??

Try to calculate the acceleration that you ll gain in inclined plane

How should I do this I if Ii don't have the mass?
 
denzel said:
How should I do this I if Ii don't have the mass?

You don't need mass If you write down the equations you'll see
 
Arman777 said:
You don't need mass If u write down the equations you ll see
Well I really don't know which eccuations are you talking about.
 
denzel said:
Well I really don't know which eccuations are you talking about.

Do you know Newton's Law and their applications ?