What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 758K views
fresh_42 said:
The recipe for Limburger was brought to Limburg by a swiss emigrant. Emmental is in Switzerland and on the above list of suited sorts.
I've been referred to as (Em) mental case more than once. But not in the context of burgers. Does bacon popular in Germany on burgers?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
WWGD said:
I've been referred to as (Em) mental case more than once. But not in the context of burgers. Does bacon popular in Germany on burgers?
McDonald's has begun to learn it, will say, they offer more and more versions with bacon. A couple of years ago, it was only occasionally. Other, non-franchise burger Restaurants have it regularly, but it might depend on the region. Germany is very inhomogenous in its cultures. The old recipes of food in my region seem all to base on: potatoes, onions, grease, sour cream, and bacon. It is surprising how many variations those few things allow.
 
fresh_42 said:
McDonald's has begun to learn it, will say, they offer more and more versions with bacon. A couple of years ago, it was only occasionally. Other, non-franchise burger Restaurants have it regularly, but it might depend on the region. Germany is very inhomogenous in its cultures. The old recipes of food in my region seem all to base on: potatoes, onions, grease, sour cream, and bacon. It is surprising how many variations those few things allow. Edit: Sounds like rich winter food. Is that what you eat in summer too?
Should be a crime to have soggy/noncrispy bacon. It seems to go well with everything. I see vegans hating on me when I eat bacon , because they know what they're missing. But not soggy bacon. Its disgusting. Sounds like rich food, apt for winter. Do you eat that in summer too?
 
WWGD said:
Should be a crime to have soggy/noncrispy bacon. It seems to go well with everything. I see vegans hating on me when I eat bacon , because they know what they're missing. But not soggy bacon. Its disgusting.
If in doubt: add bacon.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
fresh_42 said:
If in doubt: add bacon.
Do you eat bacon , eggs, etc. for breakfast, like a bacon, egg cheese sandwich?
 
WWGD said:
Should be a crime to have soggy/noncrispy bacon. [snip]
Better not order french fries if visiting Hawai'i. They serve soggy, limp nearly-cold fries in the Islands. Ugh.

I did not try their bacon but the luau pork was quite tasty, roasted overnight in a pit. Yummy.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
Klystron said:
Better not order french fries if visiting Hawai'i. They serve soggy, limp nearly-cold fries in the Islands. Ugh.

I did not try their bacon but the luau pork was quite tasty, roasted overnight in a pit. Yummy.
I want to visit some day. I heard they give you a lay ( lei) when you arrive there.
 
Last edited:
WWGD said:
Do you eat bacon , eggs, etc. for breakfast, like a bacon, egg cheese sandwich?
No, usually not. We like it sweet in the morning. I used to eat it in British hotels (beans and weird sausages are not what I want to start with in the morning), or at home for dinner. I remember that I once made it for my nephews (in MI) only to find out that it was actually me who introduced it to them.
 
fresh_42 said:
No, usually not. We like it sweet in the morning. I used to eat it in British hotels (beans and weird sausages are not what I want to start with in the morning), or at home for dinner. I remember that I once made it for my nephews (in MI) only to find out that it was actually me who introduced it to them.
Still better imo than the Mediterranean one consisting of , e.g., fish, olives and feta-style cheese.
 
WWGD said:
Still better imo than the Mediterranean one consisting of , e.g., fish, olives and feta-style cheese.
If not sweet, then look at these (which usually working men eat in the morning):
(usually not suited for Americans, however, I knew an American girl who loved #3, which was twice astonishing)

2-format43.jpg

1617579035983.jpeg

and the expensive version

1617579130741.jpeg
 
I dontrecognize the top one. I also like sweets for breakfast. And a lumberjack breakfast from time to time: eggs, bacon and french toast, coffee.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42
fresh_42 said:
{snip}
and the expensive version

I lack the guts (fortitude) to eat steak tartare, though I enjoyed soft-boiled eggs as a child.
 
I also enjoy sweet breakfasts. Maple syrup on corn bread. Melted chocolate on warm waffles or chocolate on nearly any pastry. Must crave theobromine.
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, Keith_McClary and fresh_42
fresh_42 said:
Just found:
It was a fb feed. Could it be that the fact I mentioned McDonald's a few posts ago has something to do with it?
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Tom.G
fresh_42 said:
It was a fb feed. Could it be that the fact I mentioned McDonald's a few posts ago has something to do with it?
Maybe it was confused because you combined 'feed ' with 'McDonalds'. McD usually goes with ' Garbage' ;).
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Klystron and Keith_McClary
WWGD said:
Maybe it was confused because you combined 'feed ' with 'McDonalds'. McD usually goes with ' Garbage' ;).
It's funnier in German, since "fast" is the German word for "almost", so fast food ...
And it isn't so bad. The UK version is pretty much the same you get here. It is only too expensive compared with Chinese food or Döner.
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and Keith_McClary
Schnell Essen? But aren't Donner and Chinese also Schnell Essen?
 
WWGD said:
Schnell Essen? But aren't Donner and Chinese also Schnell Essen?
Fast food = almost food.

Yes, they are, but in comparison, you get a real, healthier meal, and more food for the same money.
 
Uh, junk food. I had some potato chips last week and when I went grocery shopping I got this weird craving for them chips. I swear to god something's up in that ingredient list :rolleyes: I didn't get any, though. Thankfully.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron and Keith_McClary
nuuskur said:
Uh, junk food. I had some potato chips last week and when I went grocery shopping I got this weird craving for them chips. I swear to god something's up in that ingredient list :rolleyes: I didn't get any, though. Thankfully.
Eat some German food like the one displayed by fresh . Seems less filling. And it tastes great.
 
How #$% difficult is it to make an effective temperature app? Plot time vs temperature. The default one I have just gives me a range, from lower to higher without specifying when each happens.
 
I was eating outside , alone I thought, just let out a few burps. Then I noticed a few people had arrived... Not sure if they heard me.
 
WWGD said:
Thanks. Thing is I have a default/inbuilt one that apparently cannot be removed and I don't want to run out of ram by installing another one.
Please forgive my stupidity. I meant storage, not RAM. Some of these apps take up to a Gb of space.