What is wrong with the Islamic world?

• News
  • Thread starter Aquamarine
  • Start date
In summary: Islam is not a violent religion. There are passages in the Quran which permit violence, but they are few and far between. As a muslim, I find it shocking that anyone would suggest that the Qu'ran is a violent book. I believe that it is a book of guidance and peace. The true understanding of Islam is the basis of peace.
Aquamarine
http://humphrys.humanists.net/islamic.world.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Might have something to do with being a 14th century society.

When religion has the power, the fundamentalism rises and rises. In Europe we spend many efforts and many blood to reach the humanism, then the Renaissance and finally the religion was separated from governments.

Islamic religion says that anyone which don't believe in Alá and so its stuff must to be killed to save its soul, or else converted. This kind of religion can't coexist with us. The christian religion respects the other religions, but islamic don't.

In fact, all can be reduced to this: Is they, or us. They medieval society, or our modern society.

They will no stop until we were blown off. So we must destroy them before.

As a matter of fact islam does not say that anyone which don't believe in Alá and so its stuff must to be killed to save its soul, or else converted.
Why don't you study more about this religion. True muslims have the least to do with terrorist attacks. i was shocked by the 9/11 accident. My religion islam states that " there should no force used against people to make them change their religion.The choice of religion is birthright". Apart from this it is a rule that a muslim must convey the message of islam as much as possible as long as it does not offend people from other cultures and religions i.e shoving religious facts under their noses when they don't like it.

I know that all people is not fundamentalism, but I have read some passages on the Coran. You can say that the Bible has also very hard passages, but we don't use the Bible to make our laws. You also can find some precious passages in both, that is not all the book. The problem is the culture.

Where womans are treated like ****, human rights don't exist, and so and so and so... the islamic world lives in the 14th century. When the religion is mixed with politics, the things don't work good for freedom.

I know what I am saying, even you believe or not.

Here, they have to wear as its culture, be respected in his religion, but ours not.

Peace is needed, but respecting our cultures. If you come to an occidental country, respect the occidental culture. Don't try to change it.

Even among the fundamentalists, few are extremists, and even among extremests, it is not the majority view that the west should be conquered.

Ethanol said:
As a matter of fact islam does not say that anyone which don't believe in Alá and so its stuff must to be killed to save its soul, or else converted...

So what do you think about this website: http://www.conservativebookclub.com/Join/JoinBookPage.asp?prod_cd=C6077 which contains this item:

In a flash of truth, the author also confronts the clue-less politically correct crowd who spin an evil web of disinformation when they tell us that Islam is a religion of peace. This is a lie, for the Qu'ran in Sura 2:216 tells Muslims that war is good. The Qu'ran says in Sura 9:5 to slay those who will not believe in Islam and in Sura 5:33 to execute those who resist Islam.

What sort of spin do you personally choose to put on Sura 9:5?

As a muslim, I am shocked to see that non muslims and even some muslims have not understood what the True Islam is. Please view this website to see a more friendly, therefore, more correct approach of Islam, then go on discussing to reach the Ultimate Knowledge.

As a reply to dear Janitor's message, I can say that the author has to make much effort to understand the true meaning of Islam. War is the last option, and if we have to do this, then we might. True form of Islam considers the issue like that.

Chem tr, the website you linked to says this:

Freedom is God's great gift to humans. The Quran, the Holy Scripture of Islam, mandates religious freedom in verse 2:256, "There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way." And in verse 18:29, "Proclaim: 'This is the truth from your Lord,' then whoever wills let him believe, and whoever wills let him disbelieve".

In light of Sura 9:5 quoted in a post above, is it fair to conclude that the Qu'ran contains contradictions? If so, can it truly be the Word of a deity?

No, no, no. It is us who cannot understand the Holy Quran and make different suggestions about it. These two sites deal with the issue in their own points of view, I don't find it correct to say that one of them is the correct one.

There are sinister plots onto Quran in order not to be truly and wholeheartedly understood, if this would be done, you couldn't encounter a Muslim terrorist, killer, etc. I want to repeat it once again, for centuries, we, Muslims, have not understood Quran in the right way, and it caused us to be "fundamentalists". In one sura, it is translated that "If you don't work your mind, I'll shower filth on you". This sentence tries to say that if you stop the act of thinking, you cannot adapt yourselves to the new consequences; and religious sources suggest another thing, "you are wasting your life if two of your days are completely equal". I don't want to extend the post, so as a conclusion, if we learn how to think of and adapt ourselves, then the barbarous, disrespectful, and primitive scenes will vanish.

Take care.

Why do 6 million Israelis consistently defeat over 150 million Arabs?

Does it make any sense that 4 million Israelis should force almost 2 billion "Muslims" to accept their unacceptable terms?

Why does India consistently defeat Pakistan?

Why are the Muslims in Afghanistan defeated in every corner of their own country ?

Why are the Muslims around the world are the poorest, most oppressed, least advanced, least educated, most miserable...etc...etc...etc.

WHY THEN ARE THE "MUSLIMS" DEFEATED? God already gave us the answer over 1400 years ago.

BECAUSE they refuse to believe God in His repeated statements that Quran is COMPLETE, PERFECT, FULLY DETAILED, and SHALL BE THE ONLY SOURCE OF RELIGIOUS GUIDANCE. Because they have accepted other sources, namely, Hadith and Sunna, beside Quran.
http://www.submission.org/islam/defeat.html

No, there will be no progress until there is more capitalism.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=47317
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=48717

And so long that a significant resentful minority belives otherwise and can gain access to WMD, the more capitalistic countries cannot simply ignore the less capitalistic until they grow up on their own.
http://denbeste.nu/cd_log_entries/2002/09/Whoisourenemy.shtml

This doesn't mean that a military invasion is a good answer. For example, deregulating the nuclear industry would lower the unproductive income of the nations that strongly support terrorism. Hopefully this would force them to change their society, build a real productive economy and gain back their pride.

The christian religion respects the other religions

?

Are you blinded by faith?

Twistedseer

Women in Iraq under Saddam had almost all the rights as the men had,and couple other countries were quite progressive.But Iraq was the most liberal towards women.
Also Syria,Palestine,Turkey have are not that bad.
By the way ,why all the attention towards muslim nations? do you guys read what is going on in India, absolute disaster almost feudalism,women are treated worst than animals!
Where is the outrage about China's women?
Liberalization of muslim nations can happenen and women could have same rights but west should stand aside and not intrefere.It takes time.
Liberalization with American tanks and jets only makes things worst,but problem of course is that arabs have all the oil.

tumor said:
Women in Iraq under Saddam had almost all the rights as the men had,and couple other countries were quite progressive.But Iraq was the most liberal towards women.
By the way ,why all the attention towards muslim nations? do you guys read what is going on in India, absolute disaster almost feudalism,women are treated worst than animals!
Liberalization of muslim nations can happenen and women could have same rights but west should stand aside and not intrefere.It takes time.
Liberalization with American tanks and jets only makes things worst,but problem of course is that arabs have all the oil.
It is true that one shouldn't focus only on muslim nations. Arguably the worst political system ever was communism, both to its own people and as threat to others. But it has mostly disappeared from the face of the Earth now, having mostly collapsed on its own. It is interesting to compare the Vietnam war to Iraq, a war which the US lost militarily but has now essentially won when the system collapsed by itself.

There is also little capitalism in large parts of Africa, India or South America. What is different with the Middle East is the oil and that some terrorists are threatening other countries with WMD. But I think these are connected, the capitalistic countries don't need to be dependent on oil and don't need to fund the terrorists, the playboy lifestyles of ruling elites and an education system and priesthood that teaches religion and little practical skills.

tumor said:

In India and China, the government does not discriminate against women. The constitutions of these countries do not assign a lower status to women. The are protected equally under the law.

India has had a woman Head of State, voted for two terms by the people. In India, the Congress Party (the Left wing party currently in power) has had more women leaders than men. At any time, about a quarter of the states have women Chief Ministers (=Governors). Women make up a greater fraction of the wealthiest 20% in India than most western countries. There are women in top positions in government, business, academia, sport, entertainment and international diplomacy.

The only incidents of ill-treated women are in socially and economically backward areas, where these incidents are related to social stigma rather than legal status. This is common to many developing/underdeveloped countries and is not a result of women's legal status or protection under the law. And you can read what is going on, only if the country has a free press that will talk about the cruelty faced by women. This simply does not exist in most Islamic states.

There is NO law (in India, China, etc.) that says that a rape victim needs 5 male witnesses to win her case. There is no law telling a woman what to wear, whom to touch, how to cry, how to bathe her children, how to bathe herself after sex, where to work, or who to screw.

Tumor, once again, you are making little sense.

PS : This is not about Iraq, which had a secular ruling body under Saddam and the Ba'athists.

Last edited:
terrorism: The punishment for those who wreak havoc is extremely harsh (5:33-34). Terrorism has as little to do with Islam as burning a cross to terrorize a black family has to do with Christianity. Terrorism is often done by haters of Islam, peace and justice to sabotage good Muslims causes such as peace settlements, democracy movements and modernization. No Islamic teaching supports terrorism.

suicide "martyrdom": "Do not kill yourselves." (4:29). Self-killers are condemned to hell. Even killing oneself to end extreme pain is unacceptable. Some radical sects, considered non-Muslim by most, view suicide-killing as legitimate.

martyrdom: A martyr (Arabic shaheed=witness) is somebody who dies as a witness for goodness or a witness against evil. A martyr testifies before God about the evil-doers that killed him/her and about the goodness his/her death creates in society.

scarves for women: This is based on a verse in the Koran. "And let them spread their scarves over their shirt openings and not show their natural adornment . . ." (24:31) If Muslim women choose not to cover their head, there is no Islamic law punishing them or coercing them. Styles of dress are cultural and vary according to culture throughout the Islamic world.

female genital mutilation: This is found in some African countries and is a very painful tribal practice passed down to the present day. It is not based on Islamic teaching. Many Muslim women, such as the wife of the late Anwar Sadat, are working hard to eliminate the practice.

chem_tr and Ethanol I have some bad news for you. Allah loves terrorist more than he loves you.

Qur’an 4:95 “Not equal are those believers who sit at home and receive no injurious hurt, and those who strive hard, fighting Jihad in Allah’s Cause with their wealth and lives. Allah has granted a rank higher to those who strive hard, fighting Jihad with their wealth and bodies to those who sit. Allah prefers Jihadists who strive hard and fight above those who sit home. He has distinguished his fighters with a huge reward.”
So if you want Allah to love you, you need to get off your butts, get out there and kill people.

I have read and studied Islam. The more I learn the more evil Islam becomes.

To be a Christian is to be Christ like.
To be a Buddhist is to be Buddha like
To be a Moslem is to be Mohammad like.

And what was Mohammad like?

Here is a good bedtime story about the prophet of peace, may he burn in Hell.

From the Sirat Rasul Allah (A. Guilaume's translation "The Life of Muhammad") pages 675, 676.

Note: My comments will be in [ ] type brackets. Notes by the Translators of the texts will be in { } brackets.

`UMAYR B. `ADIYY'S JOURNEY TO KILL `ASMA' D. MARWAN She was of B. Umayyya b. Zayd. When Abu `Afak had been killed she displayed disaffection. `Abdullah b. al-Harith b. Al-Fudayl from his father said that she was married to a man of B. Khatma called Yazid b. Zayd. Blaming Islam and its followers she said:

I despise B. Malik and al-Nabit
and `Auf and B. al-Khazraj.
You obey a stranger who is none of yours,
One not of Murad or Madhhij. {1}
Do you expect good from him after the killing of your chiefs
Like a hungry man waiting for a cook's broth?
Is there no man of pride who would attack him by surprise
And cut off the hopes of those who expect aught from him?

Hassan b. Thabit answered her:

Banu Wa'il and B. Waqif and Khatma
Are inferior to B. al-Khazrahj.
When she called for folly woe to her in her weeping,
For death is coming.
She stirred up a man of glorious origin,
Noble in his going out and in his coming in.
Before midnight he dyed her in her blood
And incurred no guilt thereby.

When the apostle heard what she had said he said, "Who will rid me of Marwan's daughter?" `Umayr b. `Adiy al-Khatmi who was with him heard him, and that very night he went to her house and killed her. In the morning he came to the apostle and told him what he had done and he [Muhammad] said, "You have helped God and His apostle, O `Umayr!" When he asked if he would have to bear any evil consequences the apostle said, "Two goats won't butt their heads about her", so `Umayr went back to his people.

Now there was a great commotion among B. Khatma that day about the affair of bint [daughter of] Marwan. She had five sons, and when `Umayr went to them from the apostle he said, "I have killed bint Marwan, O sons of Khatma. Withstand me if you can; don't keep me waiting." That was the first day Islam became powerful among B. Khatma; before that those who were Muslims concealed the fact. The first of them to accept Islam was `Umayr b. `Adiy who was called the "Reader", and `Abdullah b. Aus and Khuzayma b. Thabit. The day after Bint Marwan was killed the men of B. Khatma became Muslims because they saw the power of Islam.

{1} The note reads "Two tribes of Yamani origin."

[END OF IBN HISHAM QUOTE]

You can also find many "evil" passages in the Bible:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/imm_bibl.htm#menu
http://www.religioustolerance.org/imm_bibl1.htm
http://www.religioustolerance.org/imm_bibl2.htm

Acts of genocide:
The flood of Noah
Destruction of the residents of Canaan

Murder of children:
Isaac
the first-born of Egypt
42 little children
a whole family
the Midianite children
babies of Babylon

Murdering people because of curiosity:
For looking at/into the Ark of the Covenant
For looking back at Sodom

Murdering people for doing the right thing:
For saving the Ark of the Covenant from damage
For taking a census as ordered by God

Religious intolerance: Murdering people for worshiping another God
Mass murder of men involved in inter-faith relationships
Murder of 450 priests

Other hard passages: Mass murder of fighters for democracy
Murdering a person for practicing birth control
Punishing the children, grand-children, etc. of a sinner
Using torture against captives
Legal rape
Passages relating to slavery of females
Raping female prisoners of war

Slavery
http://www.religioustolerance.org/sla_bibl.htm
The quotation by Jefferson Davis, listed above, reflected the beliefs of many Americans in the 19th century. Slavery was seen as having been "sanctioned in the Bible." They argued that:

Biblical passages recognized, controlled, and regulated the practice.
The Bible permitted owners to beat their slaves severely, even to the point of killing them. However, as long as the slave lingered longer than 24 hours before dying of the abuse, the owner was not regarded as having committed a crime, because -- after all -- the slave was his property. 4
Paul had every opportunity to write in one of his Epistles that human slavery -- the owning of one person as a piece of property by another -- is profoundly evil. His letter to Philemon would have been an ideal opportunity to vilify slavery. But he wrote not one word of criticism.
Jesus could have condemned the practice. He might have done so. But there is no record of him having said anything negative about the institution.

Last edited:
Either you being very dishonest the way you are taking things out of context or you are very ignorant of the Quarn.
Microburst said:
terrorism: The punishment for those who wreak havoc is extremely harsh (5:33-34). Terrorism has as little to do with Islam as burning a cross to terrorize a black family has to do with Christianity. Terrorism is often done by haters of Islam, peace and justice to sabotage good Muslims causes such as peace settlements, democracy movements and modernization. No Islamic teaching supports terrorism.
Quarn 5:33 The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement,

34 Except those who repent before you have them in your power; so know that Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Yes. " The punishment for those who wreak havoc is extremely harsh." but only for those who wreak havoc against Allah and his messenger, not terrorists.

suicide "martyrdom": "Do not kill yourselves." (4:29). Self-killers are condemned to hell. Even killing oneself to end extreme pain is unacceptable. Some radical sects, considered non-Muslim by most, view suicide-killing as legitimate.
Suicide?
Quran 4:29 O you who believe! do not devour your property among yourselves falsely, except that it be trading by your mutual consent; and do not kill your people; surely Allah is Merciful to you.
martyrdom: A martyr (Arabic shaheed=witness) is somebody who dies as a witness for goodness or a witness against evil. A martyr testifies before God about the evil-doers that killed him/her and about the goodness his/her death creates in society.
Ishaq:385 “Amr Jamuh was a very lame man. He had four lion-like sons who were present at the Apostle’s battles. At Uhud he came to the Prophet and told him that his sons wanted to keep him back and prevent his joining the army. ‘Yet, by Allah, I hope to tread in the Heavenly Garden of Paradise despite my lameness. The Apostle said, ‘Allah has excused you, and Jihad is not incumbent on you.’ Then Muhammad turned to his sons and said, ‘You need not prevent him. Perhaps Allah will favor him with martyrdom.’ So the lame old man went into battle and was killed.”
Muhammad allowing a lame old man to go into battle in hopes of becoming a martyr? Isn't that Suicide? And what would he testify to before Allah, that Muhammad allowed him to go?
Ishaq:394 “Allah said, ‘I let them get the better of you to test you. So fear Me and obey Me. If you had believed in what My Prophet brought from Me you would not have received a shock from the Meccan army. But We cause days like this so that Allah may know those who believe and may choose martyrs from among you. Allah must distinguish between believers and hypocrites so that He can honor the faithful with martyrdom.’"
The only way Allah can tell the difference between "believers and hypocrites" is for them to die in battle? I'm sure glad I don't worship Allah.
scarves for women: This is based on a verse in the Koran. "And let them spread their scarves over their shirt openings and not show their natural adornment . . ." (24:31) If Muslim women choose not to cover their head, there is no Islamic law punishing them or coercing them. Styles of dress are cultural and vary according to culture throughout the Islamic world.
Did you ever read 24:31? It says a Muslim women can walk around half naked in front of the male members of her household and for her not to jiggle her breast when she walks.
24:31 SHAKIR: And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need (of women), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; and let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known; and turn to Allah all of you, O believers! so that you may be successful.
Read "let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments" as cover your bosoms and don't expose your breasts. Except to...
Read "let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known" as don't jiggle your breast when you walk.
female genital mutilation: This is found in some African countries and is a very painful tribal practice passed down to the present day. It is not based on Islamic teaching. Many Muslim women, such as the wife of the late Anwar Sadat, are working hard to eliminate the practice.
Perhaps the wife of the late Anwar Sadat should be working hard to eliminate the practice of suicide bombings and beheadings. That can be very painful to.

Aquamarine said:

Only a single source? Surely you could find more hate Christian sites than just one. Try http://www.exchristian.net/forums/
Yes, all that and more is in the Bible.

I told you a few evil things that Muhammad did, (want me to name more?) now tell me some evil things that Christ or Budda did.

Yes I am familiar with religiousINtolerance.org

SLAVERY: In the Bible and today's world:
What no "SLAVERY:In the Quarn and today's world? How many slaves did Christ own and how many did Muhammad own?

Overview of the Sudan situation: This article is a bunch of crap the way they play down or justify slavery in the Sudan, just because Christians are the ones being enslaved by Moslems.

If you want to talk about slavery, start with these websites, then we can talk about Islam and slavery today, not something that happened 150 years ago.

http://www.antislavery.org/index.htm
http://www.ccem-antislavery.org/
http://mykindredspirit2.home.att.net/
http://www.captivedaughters.org/
http://www.takingitglobal.org/opps/orgdir.html?vieworg=295
http://www.iabolish.com/

And the most famous of all: Amnesty International

>>>Either you being very dishonest the way you are taking things out of context or you are very ignorant of the Quarn. <<<

Actually I did read the entire book, and it’s not all that different from the old testament. Religion if taken literary can be precarious. I was just trying to present another view. I have not done any in-depth study or analysis on Islam, but reading just QURAN I found certain things that sounded ungodly and outright vicious.

Outcast said:
Only a single source? Surely you could find more hate Christian sites than just one. Try http://www.exchristian.net/forums/
Yes, all that and more is in the Bible.

I told you a few evil things that Muhammad did, (want me to name more?) now tell me some evil things that Christ or Budda did.

Yes I am familiar with religiousINtolerance.org

What no "SLAVERY:In the Quarn and today's world? How many slaves did Christ own and how many did Muhammad own?

Overview of the Sudan situation: This article is a bunch of crap the way they play down or justify slavery in the Sudan, just because Christians are the ones being enslaved by Moslems.

If you want to talk about slavery, start with these websites, then we can talk about Islam and slavery today, not something that happened 150 years ago.

http://www.antislavery.org/index.htm
http://www.ccem-antislavery.org/
http://mykindredspirit2.home.att.net/
http://www.captivedaughters.org/
http://www.takingitglobal.org/opps/orgdir.html?vieworg=295
http://www.iabolish.com/

And the most famous of all: Amnesty International

Can you please list all the evil things Mohammed did? I want to know, but with respectable source references.

GENIERE said:
Might have something to do with being a 14th century society.

But 21st century folks are just as atrocious… Humans are no angels...

Last edited:
You can find some "evil" things done by muslims according to your point of view, but please leave our prophet clean. He has been one of the most good souls as with the other prophets, whose missions were the same; conducting people to walk in the way of the God. I never do any discrimination like "your prophet" or "our prophet"; all of them are messengers, and saying the truth. We could not understand their messages clearly, this is (and should be) our main topic.

Take care.

Janitor said:
Chem tr, the website you linked to says this:

In light of Sura 9:5 quoted in a post above, is it fair to conclude that the Qu'ran contains contradictions? If so, can it truly be the Word of a deity?

well, this is sura 9:5 {But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. }
well you can't just read it and say islam is [terrorism]! you mast read what's written before it in 9:1-4 which will tell that if you was in a war , you must stop fighting in the forbidden months, but after these months you can continue fighting your enimies ..

onther examble in quran in 107:4 {So woe to the praying ones}
also you can't say that we mustn't pray because this sura say that!, you must continue readint to find that in 107:5 allah said {Who are unmindful of their prayers} and in 107:6 {Who do (good) to be seen} ...
you see that the meaning is not in one "ayah" (the phrase in sura)

onther thing..women have a real gr8 rights in islam .. the woman is not responsible for paying any thing in life .. she get all what she nead from her father and from her husbend .. and if she works she take all the mone for her self and she is not responsible for payying any thing for they house even if they need it!
and for hujab , i think it protect the woman more than hurting her, i mean that ****ing woman or seeing them nacked all the time is not woman right!

allah be with you all

Islam is not just the Quran. Following the Quran only is seen as a cult.

Twistedseer said:
?

Are you blinded by faith?

Twistedseer

I do not believe in god, in christianism and in any religion, so that kind of stupid question has no answer at all. My culture proceedes from christianism, and all of the moral, the ethics and so are very relationed with it. I can't forget it.

You should learn a bit of history. Books don't kill people, ignorance yes.

If you believe the christians don't respect other religions, give examples. I am talking today, not in the 15th century.

Quote: What no "SLAVERY:In the Quarn and today's world? How many slaves did Christ own and how many did Muhammad own? ""

To tell u the truth Muhammad owned no slaves. He acted father to Zayd bin Haris after freeing him.( prophet did not enslave Zayd but was gifted to prophet by prophet's wife Khadija) . Maria qibtia and Safia bint hayi were the freed slaves of the prophet as well as his wives. Maria Qibtia was sent to him by a king. Muhammad freed her. Safia Bint Hayi was prisoner of war and was meant to be the slave but Muhammad freed her and asked her if she would marry him.

MiGUi said:
I do not believe in god, in christianism and in any religion, so that kind of stupid question has no answer at all. My culture proceedes from christianism, and all of the moral, the ethics and so are very relationed with it. I can't forget it.

You should learn a bit of history. Books don't kill people, ignorance yes.

If you believe the christians don't respect other religions, give examples. I am talking today, not in the 15th century.

Why do they specially check the muslims and insult them on custom counters in USA and other countries. Why do they not accept the fumdamental right of women in islam about wearing scarves. After all nuns do that in christianity. on airport in britain my aunt was asked to remove her scarf from her head because she had worn a metal clip on her hair. is that fair. :devil:

Microburst said:
>>>. I have not done any in-depth study or analysis on Islam, but reading just QURAN I found certain things that sounded ungodly and outright vicious.

I would like to know the ungodly things if i can clear them for u.

Maybe because 9/11. They cannot assume any risk. Thats what we have to do to preserve our freedom.

Thats exactly the same that happens to any european who wants to travel to the states. No more, and no less. We want security. If you think that this is some kind of humiliation, think in our security. In the security of every one which goes in that plane.

I say, christians in general terms. Policemen have to do its work. The Church respect the existence of other religions, and do not try to convert its people. That was in the past, not today.

Microburst said:
>>> I have not done any in-depth study or analysis on Islam, but reading just QURAN I found certain things that sounded ungodly and outright vicious.

Did you try to read Bible? Wars, murder, rapes, that's about it. BIBLIE!

What is "wrong" with the Islamic world, is that there is only a feeble, rational secularism there (i.e, it has not gone through an Age of Enlightenment).

It is the fact that secularism is strong/dominant in the West which keeps the religious segment in those societies within the bounds of moral decency.

We KNOW from history what Christians are able to do if they are allowed to develop their delusions unchecked by the rational segment in the population.

Ethanol said:
Why do they specially check the muslims and insult them on custom counters in USA and other countries. Why do they not accept the fumdamental right of women in islam about wearing scarves. After all nuns do that in christianity.

Where is it forbidden to wear headscarves?
Maybe in france, and even there only in schools. Why can't we westerners keep our shoes on in mosques? Can we unbelievers even enter your holiest mosque in mecca?
See, we can all play the victim.
And while on the subject of headscarves, islam does not teach that wearing one is mandatory, and certainly does not teach that not wearing one is punishable. Making it mandatory basically means that wearing a headscarve means nothing. It doesn't show her modesty, she does it because she has to. Making it punishable and mandatory means that the islamic world has not the faintest clue about its own religion anymore

on airport in britain my aunt was asked to remove her scarf from her head because she had worn a metal clip on her hair. is that fair. :devil:

Its because 20 muslims murdered 3000 westerners with airliners. Ofcourse, muslims are the victim

Studentx, your first paragraph is okay, but the second one is not. If you are mentioning 9/11, I'd say that they were inhuman, persuaded by their foul fundamentalist phantasies. They couldn't be muslim if they thought "how can I kill thousands of people". Let me give an example, a muslim is such good-hearted person that he takes one piece of rock on the road, in order not to be hazardous to anyone. These examples you're talking about are the worst to the concept "muslims". Please do visit a more civilized muslim country like Turkey, and see with your own eyes.