What is your favourite coffee?

For me, Blue Bean Coffee from Jamacia is the best. Grind it coarse and put it in a French Press and you have amazing coffee!

turbo
Gold Member
That is a good question. Two questions actually: Who came up with the idea, and who would be industrious enough to go crawling around on the jungle floor collecting civet poop just to get enough beans to make a cup of coffee?

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Turkish coffee with a cardamom pod... mmmmmm :biggrin: It's like eating pure chocolate.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I mentioned the coffees I drink on a daily basis.

Once in while, when I'm out, I'll get an Irish coffee - but it's got to be the right Whisky - single or blend - and not Bourbon.

Caife Gaelach - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_coffee :tongue2:

I mentioned the coffees I drink on a daily basis.

Once in while, when I'm out, I'll get an Irish coffee - but it's got to be the right Whisky - single or blend - and not Bourbon.

Caife Gaelach - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_coffee :tongue2:
Irish Whiskey? Buerk...

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Turkish coffee with a cardamom pod... mmmmmm :biggrin: It's like eating pure chocolate.
Ahh.. Yes very nice... (But its really greek coffee :wink: )

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I drank a good bit of Iranian coffee while in college, but my buddy from Iran kept me supplied so I don't know what name it might have in the stores. Sold as a fine powder, it was made the old fashioned way - mix the coffee with the water, bring to a boil, and carefully pour the coffee out while avoiding the grounds. That stuff was great for all-nighters.

I drank a good bit of Iranian coffee while in college, but my buddy from Iran kept me supplied so I don't know what name it might have in the stores. Sold as a fine powder, it was made the old fashioned way - mix the coffee with the water, bring to a boil, and carefully pour the coffee out while avoiding the grounds. That stuff was great for all-nighters.
yeah this sounds like Greek Coffee.. Too Strong for a lot of people..

How I make it is:

Put Coffee and water into *briki* then bring to boil two three or four times, then pour into Cup, add sugar to taste before you boil, and then drink and tell your future after..

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
and then drink and tell your future after..
YEP! Turn the cup over and read the trails made by the sludge. :rofl:

mathwonk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
hope you enjoy the peets, i think it really is good.

turbo
Gold Member
Sounds like my dad's "camping coffee". He'd get a dark-roast coffee at the A&P, and run it through the store's grinder for a really fine grind. In the morning, before heading out to fish, we'd throw a good-sized handful of that grind into a pot of water and set it on the campfire until it got to a real frothy boil, then set the pot on a rock at the edge of the campfire to steep while fixing eggs, bacon etc. Instead of simply decanting the coffee to avoid grounds, we would strain it through a bandanna suspended over a cup.

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ahh.. Yes very nice... (But its really greek coffee :wink: )
If the coffee comes from Turkey, is it still Greek coffee? :biggrin:

laurelelizabeth
fair trade!

Fair trade! Of course it's a little more expensive...

What am i talking about, i don't even like coffee! But my sister (despite what she says) is addicted :)