Solve 5√x ≥ 625 Exponential Inequality

• Thread starter enibaraliu
  • Start date
In summary, the problem is that x cannot reasonably be too close to 3. Knowing about logarithms is necessary.
enibaraliu
I tried to solve this exponential inequation , but i can't do more:

5[tex]\sqrt[x]{64}[/tex] [tex]\geq[/tex] 625

5*26/x>=625 dived by 5
26/x>=125
26/x>=53 and i have not idea what to do then

Physics news on Phys.org
Raise both sides to the x/6 power and obtain 2 >= 5^(3x/6). Then simplify and obtain
2 >= 5^(x/2)

From there the steps no longer seem clear unless you know how to use rules of logarithms. Using base 2 or base 5 appear to offer no advantage, so take logarithms of both sides, base 10. (or base e if you prefer).

Last edited:
but the answer sad that the result is:xE (0,3),so this don't need logarithms

Some of that solution is wrong. x cannot reasonably be too close to 3. Did you try using logarithms and resorting to a graphing calculator? x should be small, maybe very small. Anybody else? I might check more thoroughly, later.

I believe easiest to start from here,
2^(6/x) >= 125
and take logarithms by any base of both sides.

There is no way I know of to get an exact answer for x without using logarithms. You can plug into a graphing calculator to get an approximate answer, but why not use logarithms?

Tedjn said:
There is no way I know of to get an exact answer for x without using logarithms. You can plug into a graphing calculator to get an approximate answer, but why not use logarithms?

I in fact solved the problem without using a graphing calculator; I also then posted the solution process but doing so was a violation of the rules of this forum so that post was deleted. Knowing about logarithms is truly necessary.

27= 128 so you must have 6/x slightly less than 7. that means that x is slightly less than 7/6, or close to 1.
I don't know what you meant by "but the answer said that the result is:xE (0,3),so this don't need logarithms " since many numbers in that interval can only be written as logarithms!

FAQ: Solve 5√x ≥ 625 Exponential Inequality

What is an exponential inequality?

An exponential inequality is an inequality that involves an exponential function, where the variable is in the exponent. It can be written in the form of f(x) > g(x) or f(x) < g(x), where f(x) and g(x) are exponential functions.

How do I solve an exponential inequality?

To solve an exponential inequality, you need to isolate the exponential function on one side of the inequality sign and the constant on the other side. Then, you can use logarithms to solve for the variable. Remember to check if the solution makes the inequality true.

What is the meaning of the symbol "≥" in an exponential inequality?

The symbol "≥" means "greater than or equal to." In the context of an exponential inequality, it means that the value of the exponential function must be equal to or greater than the value on the other side of the inequality sign for the inequality to be true.

How do I interpret the solution of an exponential inequality?

The solution of an exponential inequality is a range of values for the variable that makes the inequality true. This means that any value within that range can be substituted into the inequality and it will still be true. If the solution is an empty set, it means that there is no value that satisfies the inequality.

Can I use a calculator to solve an exponential inequality?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve an exponential inequality. However, make sure to follow the correct order of operations and check your solution manually to ensure it is correct.

Back