What to take in Physics GRE exam hall?

In summary, for the PGRE on October 25th, you will need to bring your GRE admission ticket, pencil, and paper. However, food is not allowed in the test site and you cannot bring alcohol or firearms. For more information, refer to the detailed list provided by the GRE. If you have any additional questions, please contact the institution where you are taking the test.
clumps tim
Hi, I am going to take PGRE this 25th October. as my country does not arrange it, I need to fly to another, so I need to know the materials I need to bring in the hall. I have my GRE admision ticket printed. what else should I carry with me? pencil, paper, food ?

Physics news on Phys.org
clumps tim said:
Hi, I am going to take PGRE this 25th October. as my country does not arrange it, I need to fly to another, so I need to know the materials I need to bring in the hall. I have my GRE admision ticket printed. what else should I carry with me? pencil, paper, food ?

The GRE people publish a detailed list of what is permitted for test takers the day of the test:

http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/test_day?WT.ac=grehome_gretestday_130807

Food is not permitted in the test site, so you'll have to keep it where you're staying. Also, you can't bring your alcohol or firearms with you to the test site, so any celebratory gunfire or demonstrations will have to be confined to where you are staying.

These instructions should have been given to you when you registered for the test. If you have any further questions, you should contact the institution where you are taking the test.

FAQ: What to take in Physics GRE exam hall?

1. What types of calculators are allowed in the Physics GRE exam hall?

The only type of calculator allowed in the Physics GRE exam hall is a basic four-function calculator. Programmable calculators, graphing calculators, and calculators with built-in formulas or equations are not permitted.

2. Are any formulas or equations provided during the Physics GRE exam?

No, you are expected to have a strong understanding and knowledge of basic physics formulas and equations. It is important to review and practice using these formulas before the exam.

3. Can I bring a formula sheet or notes into the Physics GRE exam hall?

No, formula sheets or notes are not allowed in the exam hall. This is to test your ability to recall and apply formulas and equations without any outside resources.

4. Are there any specific topics or areas that I should focus on studying for the Physics GRE exam?

The Physics GRE exam covers a wide range of physics topics including classical mechanics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, and thermodynamics. It is important to have a strong foundation in all of these areas, but it may be beneficial to focus on areas where you feel less confident.

5. Is there a penalty for guessing on the Physics GRE exam?

No, there is no penalty for guessing on the Physics GRE exam. It is recommended to answer all questions, even if you are unsure of the correct answer, as there is a chance you may get it right. Leaving a question blank guarantees that you will not receive any points for that question.