Where Can I Find Resources for Cross Sections and Decay Rates?

In summary, the conversation is about the search for a resource on cross sections and decay rates in the field of astroparticles physics, specifically for the purpose of preparing for a PhD entrance examination. The suggested resources include a book called "Encyclopedia of nuclear decay" and a textbook titled "Radiative Processes in Astrophysics". It is also suggested to seek help from a supervisor or study advisor at school.
luxio
Hy guys, i don't know if this is the best place to post this... so this is my question:
where i can found a good resource for cross sections and decay rate?
i mean a book with many calculated cross sections or web sites.
thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
the library should have a big fat book on decay levels and cross sections. Mine has.

And you mean cross sections for what? Fission, neutron capture?..

what's the name for your fat book?
i mean cross section and decay rate generated from standard model.

The book i meant is for nuclear physics, its called like "Encyclopedia of nuclear decay", 1500p. :P

What particles and reactions are you intressted in? What is the purpose of having access to this database/ book? :) So we can help you to find what you looking for.

astroparticles physics. annihilation , pair productions and so on...

...better. i am preparing an examination for a phd in astroparticle physics.

okay so you want to start phd position, or are you about to finish it?

Those formulas and some graphs can be found in textbooks called like "Radiation physics", a good book is:

"Radiative Processes in Astrophysics, by George B. Rybicki & Alan P. Lightman,
John Wiley and Sons, 1979."

Do you have a suporvisor/ study advisor or similar in your school that can help you?

malawi_glenn said:
okay so you want to start phd position, or are you about to finish it?

Those formulas and some graphs can be found in textbooks called like "Radiation physics", a good book is:

"Radiative Processes in Astrophysics, by George B. Rybicki & Alan P. Lightman,
John Wiley and Sons, 1979."

Do you have a suporvisor/ study advisor or similar in your school that can help you?

is an entrance examination.

Related to Where Can I Find Resources for Cross Sections and Decay Rates?

1. What is a resource for cross sections?

A resource for cross sections is a tool used by scientists to analyze and measure the dimensions and properties of different materials or objects. It provides a visual representation of the internal structure or composition of the material.

2. How do scientists use cross sections?

Scientists use cross sections to study the microstructure of materials, such as rocks, metals, and biological samples. This allows them to understand the physical and chemical properties of the material, which can then be used to make predictions and draw conclusions about its behavior.

3. What methods are used to create cross sections?

The most common methods for creating cross sections include using microscopes, electron microscopes, and other imaging techniques. These methods allow scientists to view the internal structure of the material at a very small scale, and some can even provide three-dimensional images.

4. What are the benefits of using cross sections in scientific research?

Cross sections provide scientists with a better understanding of the structure and composition of materials, which can help in the development of new technologies and materials. They also allow for more accurate measurements and predictions, which can lead to more efficient and effective experiments and studies.

5. Are there any limitations to using cross sections?

While cross sections can provide valuable information, they also have limitations. They are limited by the size and accessibility of the material being studied, as well as the capabilities of the imaging techniques being used. Additionally, cross sections may only provide a snapshot of the material at a specific point in time and may not show changes or reactions that occur over time.