Where Can I Find Software for Calculating Tensor Loop Integrals?

In summary, the individual is looking for a software or package used by CERN and other particle accelerators for calculating theoretical predictions, specifically tensor loop integrals of up to rank four and of three and four vertices. They were directed to check out the high energy physics software projects hosted at HepForge. They also inquired about using tensor integrals rather than reduced scalar integrals, to which it was suggested to use OneLOop or looptools for numerical solutions. The individual clarified that they need the reduced scalar integrals but have a large number of terms, making manual reduction impossible, and wondered if there is a database or coefficients for the reduction that they can use to implement a program.
Daniel Reyes
Hi there!

I was wondering if anybody knows what package or software CERN of other particle accelerators use to calculate their theoretical predictions. I need specifically tensor loop integrals of up to rank four and of three and four vertices.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Quite a few high energy physics software projects are hosted at HepForge. Maybe one of those projects will meet your needs.

And Welcome to Physics Forums!

Likes Daniel Reyes
websterling said:
Quite a few high energy physics software projects are hosted at HepForge. Maybe one of those projects will meet your needs.

And Welcome to Physics Forums!

Thanks websterling. I'll check that out!

Hello, is there a reason why you want the tensor integrals rather than the reduced scalar integrals?

Typically one always does a reduction to scalar integrals and then uses one of the packages like OneLOop or looptools to solve these numerically. OneLOop is particularly nice since it provides the integrals in dim reg and returns the 1/eps 1/eps^2 pieces and is useable with complex masses. looptools can be easily used with Mathematica.

Likes Daniel Reyes
RGevo said:
Hello, is there a reason why you want the tensor integrals rather than the reduced scalar integrals?

Typically one always does a reduction to scalar integrals and then uses one of the packages like OneLOop or looptools to solve these numerically. OneLOop is particularly nice since it provides the integrals in dim reg and returns the 1/eps 1/eps^2 pieces and is useable with complex masses. looptools can be easily used with Mathematica.

Actually, that's what I need but I have a lot of terms so the reduction by hand is out of the question. Maybe there's a data base where I can find all the coefficients for the reduction so I can implement a program?

Related to Where Can I Find Software for Calculating Tensor Loop Integrals?

1. What is a loop integral in software?

A loop integral in software is a mathematical calculation used in computer programming to solve complex equations. It involves iterating through a set of instructions multiple times, with each iteration building upon the previous one. It is commonly used in scientific and engineering applications to solve problems that cannot be easily solved by hand.

2. How is a loop integral implemented in software?

A loop integral is implemented in software through the use of a loop structure, such as a for loop or a while loop. These structures allow the computer to repeat a set of instructions a specified number of times, with the ability to modify the values of certain variables with each iteration. The loop will continue until a specific condition is met, or until the desired level of precision is achieved.

3. What are the advantages of using software for loop integrals?

Using software for loop integrals offers several advantages over manual calculations. It allows for faster and more accurate solutions to complex equations, as well as the ability to handle larger data sets. It also reduces the potential for human error, as the calculations are performed by the computer.

4. What types of problems can be solved using software for loop integrals?

Software for loop integrals can be used to solve a wide range of problems in various fields, including physics, engineering, economics, and statistics. It is commonly used for calculations involving multiple variables and complex equations, such as optimization, integration, and differential equations.

5. What are some common software programs used for loop integrals?

Some common software programs used for loop integrals include MATLAB, Mathematica, and Python. These programs offer built-in functions and libraries specifically designed for performing loop integrals, as well as a range of other mathematical and scientific calculations. They also allow for customization and automation of the calculation process to suit the user's specific needs.