Where can I get these specific sensors?

In summary, the speaker is looking for specific vendors or catalogs to find sensors for monitoring sound and vibrations for a design project. They mention that their university will be covering the expenses and they are looking for quality equipment that can also benefit future students. They mention that they are having trouble finding these items and ask for help in finding websites or phone numbers for potential vendors. They also mention that the requirements are not for industrial use and the sensitivity needs to be able to measure small sounds and vibrations. One person suggests trying the RS catalogue and the speaker mentions that their lab gets components from there as well.
Khamul
Hello everyone, as the title suggests I'm in need of finding some specific vendors or catalogs for a few particular items needed in my design project.

My University will be taking care of the bill, so while I would appreciate modest cost expenses, it would benefit my college to have some of these items for future students, and is of a better quality than legos :).

With that being said (sorry for being lengthy), I am in finding myself in need of sensors able to monitor sound, and some sensors/equipment able to monitor vibrations. Microphones can work as long as they aren't massive, electrostatic or condenser mics would do just nicely. But as I have said...I am having a bit of trouble locating where to buy these :(. Could anyone direct me to a website or give me a couple phone numbers of some vendors that might have some of this equipment? I'd really appreciate it!

Edit: I'm sorry, I should have specified a bit more about the scope of their requirements...they are not being used for an industrial scale, and the dB threshold is very fine...it needs to be sensitive enough to accurately measure the dB from simply opening a door (that's about the the scale of this project), and a sensor device able to detect the same vibrations from said impact.

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Have you tried the RS catalogue? Google RS and click on RS components. I do not work for or have shares in RS.

Good suggestion, that's also where our lab gets components like this ;) It might depend on where you live though, in the Netherlands we get the order within 1 day.

Related to Where can I get these specific sensors?

1. Where can I find sensors for temperature measurement?

There are many places where you can find sensors for temperature measurement. Some common options include electronic stores, specialized sensor retailers, and online marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay. You can also contact sensor manufacturers directly to inquire about purchasing their products.

2. What are some reputable brands that sell sensors for environmental monitoring?

There are several reputable brands that sell sensors for environmental monitoring, including Honeywell, Bosch, and Sensirion. It's always a good idea to do some research and read reviews to ensure the brand you choose offers high-quality and accurate sensors for your specific needs.

3. Can I buy sensors directly from the manufacturer?

Yes, many sensor manufacturers have their own online stores or authorized distributors where you can purchase sensors directly from them. This can be a good option if you need specialized sensors or want to ensure the highest quality and accuracy.

4. Are there any stores that specialize in selling sensors?

Yes, there are stores that specialize in selling sensors for various applications. These stores typically have a wide selection of sensors and can provide expert advice on choosing the right sensor for your needs. Some examples include Digi-Key, Mouser, and Farnell.

5. Can I purchase sensors in bulk for a discounted price?

Yes, many sensor retailers and manufacturers offer bulk discounts for purchasing a large quantity of sensors. This can be a cost-effective option if you need multiple sensors for a project or ongoing use. Be sure to inquire about bulk pricing options when contacting retailers or manufacturers.