Where can I learn all of this? Fluid Physics

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with their physics homework. They ask for a general lesson plan and provide several problems they are struggling with. The problems involve calculating the maximum safe depth of a submarine window, the maximum mass a Styrofoam sphere can hold without sinking, the speed of water flowing through a pipe, and the density of a ceramic statue. The person also mentions using physics to figure out the pressure in their car tires. They have not provided their work or what they have tried.
cameronjrhea
I've been attempting my Physics homework and realize I have no idea how to do any of the problems. Instead of asking each of them, I figured I'd ask if anyone knew where I could find a general lesson plan for this section. Here are some of the problems. All help is appreciated :).

1) A research submarine has a 29 cm diameter window 10.0 cm thick. The manufacturer says the window can withstand forces up to 1.0 106 N. What is the submarine's maximum safe depth? Assume that the pressure inside the submarine is maintained at 1.0 atm and that the density of seawater is 1030 kg/m3.

4) Styrofoam has a density of 300 kg/m3. What is the maximum mass that can hang without sinking from a 54 cm diameter Styrofoam sphere in water? Assume the volume of the mass is negligible compared to that of the sphere.

5) Water flowing through a 1.8 cm diameter pipe can fill a 320 L bathtub in 4.2 minutes. What is the speed of the water in the pipe?

7) A friend asks you how much pressure is in your car tires. You know that the tire manufacturer recommends 30 psi, but it's been a while since you've checked. You can't find a tire gauge in the car, but you do find the owner's manual and a ruler. Fortunately, you've just finished taking physics, so you tell your friend, "I don't know, but I can figure it out." From the owner's manual you find that the car's mass is 1550 kg. It seems reasonable to assume that each tire supports one-fourth of the weight. With the ruler you find that the tires are 10 cm wide and the flattened segment of the tire in contact with the road is 14 cm long.
What answer will you give your friend?

9)You need to determine the density of a ceramic statue. If you suspend it from a spring scale, the scale reads 37.4 N. If you then lower the statue into a tub of water, so that it is completely submerged, the scale reads 11.4 N. What is the density?

Physics news on Phys.org
Where's your work? What have you tried?

1. What is fluid physics?

Fluid physics is a branch of physics that focuses on the study of fluids, which are substances that have the ability to flow and take on the shape of their container.

2. How can I learn more about fluid physics?

You can learn about fluid physics through various resources such as textbooks, online courses, and scientific journals. You can also attend workshops or conferences related to fluid physics.

3. What are the applications of fluid physics?

Fluid physics has many practical applications in various fields such as engineering, environmental science, and medicine. Some examples include designing efficient air and water transportation systems, understanding weather patterns, and developing medical treatments for diseases related to fluid flow.

4. Do I need a strong background in math to learn fluid physics?

Yes, a strong foundation in math is necessary to understand fluid physics. Concepts such as calculus, differential equations, and vector calculus are essential in studying fluid dynamics and other aspects of fluid physics.

5. Are there any online resources for learning fluid physics?

Yes, there are many online resources available for learning fluid physics. Some websites offer free courses, tutorials, and interactive simulations to help you understand different concepts and principles of fluid physics.