Where Can I Submit a 15-Page Article on Educational Largangian Mechanics?

• A
  • Thread starter wrobel
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paper
In summary, Dale recommends that you submit your educational paper to Physics Teacher or Physical Review Physics Education Research.
wrobel
Science Advisor
Insights Author
In what journal can I submit an educational type article with some not completely standard approach to Largangian mechanics about 15 pages long?
Sorry if this place is wrong for this thread

Physics news on Phys.org
When you did your background research on previous methods of teaching Lagrangian mechanics, what journal had most of the papers you read?

I do not know any journal for which an educational article could be acceptable, I read research journals in dynamical systems and differential equations. This is the reason I ask

I am confused. If you didn’t already read journals about physics education then how can you claim your teaching method is “not completely standard”.

Before you write an academic paper it is essential to research and read the previous papers on the topic. You absolutely should not be publishing your paper anywhere if you have not done that. Really you shouldn’t have even written the paper before doing that.

Dale said:
I am confused. If you didn’t already read journals about physics education then how can you claim your teaching method is “not completely standard”.

Before you write an academic paper it is essential to research and read the previous papers on the topic. You absolutely should not be publishing your paper anywhere if you have not done that. Really you shouldn’t have even written the paper before doing that.
Wow! If I was interested in your opinion whether I should wright an article, I would ask you, for now I prefer to get an answer my question.

wrobel said:
for now I prefer to get an answer my question.
wrobel said:
In what journal can I submit an educational type article with some not completely standard approach to Largangian mechanics about 15 pages long?
Nowhere as it is. No reputable journal will accept an article with no background research.

Of course, if you want to publish in a disreputable journal then you can use Jeff Beall's list of predatory publishers. Pretty much any of those journals will publish any paper as long as their publication fee is paid, so you don't need to worry much about whether it fits in with the journal.

https://beallslist.net/

A better option would be to fix your paper by reading the existing literature and citing it in your paper and then choosing a journal that you referenced several times. You might start by reading journals like "Physics Teacher" or "Physical Review Physics Education Research" or more general education journals. But before submitting there you should read what has already been done and revise your paper to reference previous work explaining how your approach is similar to and differs from previous approaches.

wrobel said:
Wow! If I was interested in your opinion whether I should wright an article, I would ask you
Certainly you are free to your attitude. However, I have been publishing peer reviewed papers in the scientific literature for 21 years now and I have been a peer-reviewer for 15 years now. I know firsthand how the peer-review system works, what editors and reviewers are looking for, and what to do and not do in the academic publication process. You may not have asked for my advice, but it is good and knowledgeable advice nonetheless.

A paper without any references to the existing literature on the topic is completely deficient for any academic purpose. Before trying to publish your paper in an academic journal you should fix that deficiency.

Last edited:
Likes JD_PM, berkeman, jrmichler and 2 others
Before we get into the weeds here not that weeds are bad. I want to say that I can see both sides and feel that you two are stepping on each other's toes but are both professionals and in agreement in general.

@wrobel asks for the best journal to publish his educational paper knowing that research journals won't publish an educational paper and @Dale has responded with two excellent choices Physics Teacher and Physical Review Physics Education Research.

It makes sense now to find papers from these two journals that cover what your educational paper covers:
- so that you know you aren't repeating what someone else had said earlier
- to show the peer-reviewer that you have some backing support for your paper.

It's a kind of prestige point for the journal that in your paper you are advertising other papers in the journal. (you wash my back and I wash your back model).

With that said I think its best to close this thread now.

Likes JD_PM, vanhees71, russ_watters and 2 others

1. What is Educational Largangian Mechanics?

Educational Largangian Mechanics is a branch of physics that focuses on the study of motion and forces, specifically in the context of education and learning. It combines the principles of Largangian mechanics with educational theories and practices to better understand how students learn and apply physics concepts.

2. Where can I find resources on Educational Largangian Mechanics?

There are various online resources available for Educational Largangian Mechanics, including research articles, textbooks, and educational websites. You can also find relevant materials by searching through academic databases or consulting with experts in the field.

3. Can I submit a 15-page article on Educational Largangian Mechanics to any journal?

It depends on the specific journal's guidelines and focus. Some journals may have a specific section or issue dedicated to educational physics, while others may not accept articles on this topic at all. It is important to carefully review the journal's scope and submission guidelines before submitting your article.

4. Are there any specific formatting requirements for the article?

Each journal will have its own formatting requirements, so it is important to carefully review the guidelines before submitting. However, in general, articles should be written in a clear and concise manner, with proper citations and references. Figures and tables should also be included as necessary.

5. How long does the review process typically take for an article on Educational Largangian Mechanics?

The review process can vary depending on the journal and the number of submissions they receive. It can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months for an article to be reviewed and accepted or rejected. It is important to be patient and to follow up with the journal if you have not heard back after a reasonable amount of time.