Is dating the key to rekindling the spark in a marriage?

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the speaker reflecting on his relationship with his wife and missing the spark they once had. Others in the conversation offer advice on how to renew the spark and the speaker ultimately decides to start dating his wife again.
timejim
Where did my "wife" go?

I mean, the one I married years ago. People change as they get older, I guess. I wish, in some respects, she was like she was, say, 25 years ago. Of course, she probably sometimes thinks the same about me. We are great together, but I miss the "spark". Maybe the battery and coil that used to produce the "spark" has gotten to weak to fire. Oh well.

What am I, your answer to good gossip?

Physics news on Phys.org

Originally posted by timejim

There may be some good gossip if someone here at PF knows where your wife is.

I know what you mean about the spark. Kids wear down your energy, and eat up your time. Even without the kids, there'd be less of both. I wonder how much of the fun we have when we're young is from hormones, and how much of it is from the fact that we have nothing else to do? Now, "fun" requires a lot of planning.

Truth be told though, I like my wife now even more than when I married her.

Njorl

I FINISHED WITH MY GIRLFRIEND BECAUSE THE SPARK HAD GONE! OH MY GOD I AM PREMATURELY OLD!

We are great together, but I miss the "spark".

Yeah, but single life sucks too.

Have you tried breaking out of routines to renew the spark?

It's like an old car battery that can no longer hold a charge.

The spark you feel at the beginning of a relationship does go away, and is "hopefully" replaced with more of a level of "comfort", "acceptance" and companionship".

Even though the spark is gone, hopefully you have enough in common that you can still share fun experiences together and the other person isn't a constant nag. This is the point where a relationship either grows stronger (albeit sparkless) or falls apart.

Love Poem by Richard Brautigan

It's so nice to wake up in the morning
all alone
and not have to tell somebody
you love them
when you don't love them
any more

Some people think it's cold hearted, some think it's the best advice they ever heard. Personally I'd rather be alone than in a bad relationship. Which is why I chose to be alone, and I am MUCH happier than when I was with the "wrong" person.

i agree with you Evo, which is why i am single...however i don't want to be!

I mean, the one I married years ago. People change as they get older, I guess. I wish, in some respects, she was like she was, say, 25 years ago. Of course, she probably sometimes thinks the same about me. We are great together, but I miss the "spark". Maybe the battery and coil that used to produce the "spark" has gotten to weak to fire. Oh well.

You should start and continue dating your wife again. Go out at least once a week.

Last edited:

1. Where did my wife go and why?

This question cannot be answered without more information. It would be helpful to know the context and circumstances surrounding your wife's absence.

2. How can I track my wife's location?

Unless your wife has given you permission to track her, it is not ethical or legal to do so. Communication and trust are important in a relationship.

3. Could my wife have been kidnapped or in danger?

If you have reason to believe your wife may have been kidnapped or is in danger, it is important to contact the authorities immediately. Do not jump to conclusions without evidence.

4. Is my wife cheating on me?

It is not productive or healthy to assume the worst without evidence. Communication and honesty are key in addressing any concerns you may have about your relationship.

5. What should I do if I can't find my wife?

First, try to remain calm and think logically. Contact your wife's friends and family to see if they have any information. If you still can't locate her, contact the authorities for assistance.