Where Have They Gone? Missing MIH, Evo, Hypatia, HRW & more

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: Evo has.In summary, Wolram has been busy with work and has missed the ladies. They have been busy too and have received more truckloads of awards from Wolram. Wolram is looking for evidence of giants and is having difficulty finding any. Evo has been complimenting Wolram and the PF sisterhood.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
The ladies i mean, MIH, Evo, Hypatia, HRW, i miss them them all. :cry:
oops and Moon b .

Physics news on Phys.org
I've been super busy with work. I landed several huge accounts all at the same time and some of the applications are quite unique, so I've been having to do a lot of research.

How are you feeling my dear woolyram? Have you been spared the knife?

I was just away at a workshop for two days (and of course enigma was too busy to meet up while I was in his neck of the woods ...well, I did tell him at the last minute and then he wasn't online until I was already there, so it was way too late to make plans to meet up...I need to plan ahead a bit more next time methinks).

I've been around today, but I think I've been overly dazzled by the sneak preview the mentors got of the new skins coming to PF, and have spent most of my time trying to help find the things that need final tweaking before Greg releases them...it's really cool...I think now that Greg has done a bit of tweaking of things, you'll love it. The plain blue theme around here looks so boring in comparison now. :biggrin: (And no more green quote buttons!)

I missed them too (:rolleyes:)

I missed them so much in fact, that they have receives 8 more truckloads of http://nirvanachocolates.com Member awards*cough*

Last edited by a moderator:
And don't think we don't appreciate it. <chomp> <snarf> :approve:

Why, we were just saying what a great member yomamma is. :smile:

I've been traveling around the world bribing people to vote for me for Most Honest Member. I would have stopped by the woolie cabin, but I figured you were incorruptible. o:)

honestrosewater said:
I've been traveling around the world bribing people to vote for me for Most Honest Member. I would have stopped by the woolie cabin, but I figured you were incorruptible. o:)
You mean 'persuading' people, right? Choose words carefully.

And I think you mean Wooly is 'incorrigible'. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
You mean 'persuading' people, right? Choose words carefully.
Oh, yes, good thinking. I've been persuading people with bribes. :wink:
And I think you mean Wooly is 'incorrigible'. :biggrin:
Yeah, and he's not the only one. (Not that I would name names... (PM me for the detailed list.))

Which reminds me -- where is arildno? I miss his concupiscent banters. :frown:

Horray, found three of you, now what about MIH and Hypatia ?
Astro why am i incorrigable ?
HRW, i am the most corruptable i just hide it well :smile:
Evo, working to hard hard again
i am still waiting for scan
Hmmm, what's this about new skins Moon B ?

wolram said:
Hmmm, what's this about new skins Moon B ?
It's the next step of PF's new makeover that Greg has been working on. The site's going to get a whole new wardrobe. :biggrin:

Wolram,I am being side tracked by life.
I hope to be able to spend some time in your Giants thread, its a subject I have really spent some time looking into.

wolram said:
Astro why am i incorrigable ?
HRW, i am the most corruptable i just hide it well :smile:
It was meant as a compliment. I anticipated your response to HRW. :wink:

Perhaps a better adjective would be 'irrepressible'?

I'll leave it to the ladies to find a more appropriate adjective.

Moonbear said:
It's the next step of PF's new makeover that Greg has been working on. The site's going to get a whole new wardrobe. :biggrin:
That was clever, how about some chocolate truckloads? I'll give you one more truck if you can tell me when this skin is coming

hypatia said:
Wolram,I am being side tracked by life.
I hope to be able to spend some time in your Giants thread, its a subject I have really spent some time looking into.

I forgot that there was life out side of PFs :biggrin: I have been looking for
hard evidence of giants, but can not find any good stuff

Astronuc said:
It was meant as a compliment. I anticipated your response to HRW. :wink:
Perhaps a better adjective would be 'irrepressible'?
I'll leave it to the ladies to find a more appropriate adjective.

No one ever gives me compliments, wow my first one, thank you Astro :biggrin:

honestrosewater said:
Oh, yes, good thinking. I've been persuading people with bribes. :wink:
Yeah, and he's not the only one. (Not that I would name names... (PM me for the detailed list.))
Which reminds me -- where is arildno? I miss his concupiscent banters. :frown:

Yes where has Arildno slunk off to ? i miss his insults :smile:

wolram said:
No one ever gives me compliments, wow my first one, thank you Astro :biggrin:
I am quite sure the PF sisterhood have been very complimentary toward you. :wink:

yomamma said:
I'll give you one more truck if you can tell me when this skin is coming
Greg is still working on it. Of course no one can agree on how it should look.

I want the lace curtains, Zz wants a Disney theme, Moonbear wants it to look like her lab.

Poor Greg.

I know exactly what it should look like.

Toadstools. It's perfect.

Astronuc said:
I am quite sure the PF sisterhood have been very complimentary toward you. :wink:

Hmmm, yes i guess they have, but they are extra nice any way.:smile:

Evo said:
Greg is still working on it. Of course no one can agree on how it should look.
I want the lace curtains, Zz wants a Disney theme, Moonbear wants it to look like her lab.
Poor Greg.
Yeah, they totally trashed my idea of having mating rats running around the borders. I tried compromising with Zz and making it mice, but they were all chewing on Evo's lace curtains.

Do people have lace curtains nowadays, i thought they went out years ago.

That's where Arildno is: out buying a new set.

Hi Woolie! :smile: I'm here. I have missed you, too. I got very busy working on my university application so I haven't been around much. I have to write three essays for my "personal statement", and I'm having a terrible case of writer's block. The filing deadline is coming up soon so I am panicking a bit. :eek: Wish me luck!

I wouldn't have thought you suffered from stress. You cause a lot, but I would have thought that made you immune

Math Is Hard said:
Hi Woolie! :smile: I'm here. I have missed you, too. I got very busy working on my university application so I haven't been around much. I have to write three essays for my "personal statement", and I'm having a terrible case of writer's block. The filing deadline is coming up soon so I am panicking a bit. :eek: Wish me luck!

All the luck in the world MIH, but you need not panick aces all ways come through :biggrin:

Danger said:
That's where Arildno is: out buying a new set.
I couldn't find any lace curtains, so I thought I might find some if I started working a bit harder. (Amazing how my logical faculties have soared lately..)

arildno said:
I couldn't find any lace curtains, so I thought I might find some if I started working a bit harder. (Amazing how my logical faculties have soared lately..)
Membership in your stal...err fanclub is never going to go up if you keep saying things like that. Where's that special arildno sauce we've come to know and love? :wink:

honestrosewater said:
Where's that special arildno sauce we've come to know and love? :wink:
Be careful with that sauce. I hear it's off the Scoville scale. At least, don't rub your eyes after contact with it!:cry:

Math Is Hard said:
Be careful with that sauce. I hear it's off the Scoville scale. At least, don't rub your eyes after contact with it!:cry:
Sure, now you tell me. :cry: Thanks for trying. *sends MIH amazing ideas for essays* :smile:

Thank you, HRW. I think the ideas you are sending are working - keep it up!

Related to Where Have They Gone? Missing MIH, Evo, Hypatia, HRW & more

1. Where have they gone?

The disappearance of MIH, Evo, Hypatia, HRW, and others is still a mystery. There is no definitive answer as to where they have gone. Some theories suggest that they may have been destroyed, while others propose that they may have simply moved to a different location.

2. What is MIH, Evo, Hypatia, HRW, and others?

MIH, Evo, Hypatia, HRW, and others are all acronyms for different scientific concepts or organizations. MIH stands for "Missing in Hypothesis", Evo for "Evolution", Hypatia for "Hypatia of Alexandria", and HRW for "Human Rights Watch". These are just a few examples and there are many others that may be referred to in the phrase "Where Have They Gone?"

3. Is there any evidence of their existence?

Yes, there is evidence that MIH, Evo, Hypatia, HRW, and others did exist at one point in time. These concepts or organizations have been referenced in various scientific studies, literature, and media. However, the question remains as to where they have gone and if they still exist in their previous form.

4. Could they have disappeared due to a scientific breakthrough?

It is possible that a scientific breakthrough or discovery could have rendered MIH, Evo, Hypatia, HRW, and others obsolete or unnecessary. However, there is no concrete evidence to support this theory and it remains just one of many possible explanations for their disappearance.

5. Why is their disappearance significant?

The disappearance of MIH, Evo, Hypatia, HRW, and others is significant because these concepts or organizations have played important roles in scientific research, social movements, and human rights advocacy. Their sudden absence raises questions about the progress and development of these fields and the impact it may have on society.