Where to order experiment setups?

• Thread starter grit
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Experiment
In summary, if you are struggling to find off-the-shelf experiment setups that meet all of your requirements, it may be beneficial to reach out to custom machine shops or factories. Researching online and contacting universities or research institutions for recommendations can help you find a reputable and capable shop. When communicating with these shops, be sure to clearly state your requirements and desired specifications. Custom setups may be more expensive, but their accuracy and functionality can greatly benefit your research. Best of luck in finding a suitable solution.
grit
Hello all,

Recently I need to do a positioning-related experiment. Unfortunately the off-the-shelf experiment setups I found cannot fulfill one or more than one of our requirements on the accuracy/price/material etc. Therefore, I wonder if anyone could recommend some machine shops or factories, etc. that I can order any experiment setups from?

It would be best if the shop/factory can listen to the functions/specs that I'd like the setup to have, then they propose to me some possible designs to choose from.

Thank you so much for any input!

Best regards

Engineering news on Phys.org

As a fellow scientist, I can definitely understand your frustration with finding off-the-shelf experiment setups that meet all of your requirements. In situations like this, it may be best to reach out to custom machine shops or factories that specialize in creating custom experimental setups.

One option is to contact universities or research institutions in your area that have their own machine shops. They may be able to create a custom setup for you or refer you to a reputable machine shop that they have worked with in the past.

You can also search for machine shops or factories online that have experience in creating custom experimental setups. Make sure to thoroughly research their capabilities and past projects to ensure they have the expertise and equipment needed for your specific experiment.

When contacting these shops or factories, be sure to clearly communicate your requirements and desired specifications for the experiment setup. This will allow them to propose designs that meet your needs and potentially offer suggestions for improvements or cost-saving measures.

I wish you the best of luck in finding a suitable solution for your experiment. Custom setups may be more expensive, but the accuracy and functionality they provide can be invaluable for your research. Keep us updated on your progress and any insights you gain along the way.

1. Where can I find websites to order experiment setups?

There are several websites where you can order experiment setups, such as Amazon, eBay, and specialized scientific supply websites like Fisher Scientific or Carolina Biological Supply Company.

2. How do I know which website is reliable for ordering experiment setups?

It is important to do your research and read reviews before ordering from a website. Look for websites that have been recommended by other scientists or have a good reputation in the scientific community.

3. Can I customize my experiment setup when ordering online?

It depends on the website and the specific experiment setup. Some websites may offer customization options, while others may only offer pre-made setups. It is best to check with the website or contact customer service for more information.

4. How long does it typically take for experiment setups to be delivered?

The delivery time can vary depending on the website and the shipping option you choose. It is important to check the estimated delivery time before placing your order, as well as any potential delays due to shipping or customs.

5. Are there any discounts or deals available when ordering experiment setups online?

Some websites may offer discounts or deals, especially for bulk orders or for new customers. It is also worth checking for any seasonal or holiday sales. Additionally, you can try searching for promo codes or signing up for newsletters to stay updated on any promotions.