1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which book for Advanced Engineering Math ?

1. Dec 5, 2009 #1
    I have used Thomas' Calculus , now what should I consider next (mainly for Differential Equations/Complex Analysis/Fourier Transforms etc.) I heard Kreyzig is good , any recommendations on that ?

PS: Actually I found Thomas' to be very good, but when I read Courant's Calculus text, I felt as if I was doing very elementary text.

PS2: Oh , and if there's an electronics guy reading this, i am also looking for a text on Basic electronics of transistors.

Thx all !

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2009 #2

jasonRF

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I like Greenberg's Advanced Engineering Mathematics book the best of the ones that I have looked through. His chapters on complex analysis and ODEs are pretty typical, but I like his treatment of linear algebra and PDEs better than the other engineering math books I have read. I own the 5th edition of Wylie and Barrett, which I would not recommend in general. The price of Greenberg is pure robbery, however. I would look for used copies.

jason

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook