Which is better for structural support PVC pipe or plywood?

In summary, the conversation revolved around building a structure that will weigh approximately 200lbs (100kg) and the dilemma of choosing between PVC piping or plywood for support. The individual is unsure of which material would be best in terms of strength, minimal deflection, and light weight. They are also curious about any equations that could help determine the weight and amount of bend in a length of plywood and PVC pipe. The design is still open for changes and the individual is seeking a general idea of which material would work better. The conversation also touches on the importance of shape in determining strength and flexibility, and suggests reading assignments for a better understanding of the topic.
Ok hmm I suppose I could try making support for the ends that could be placed after the wings

Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you fix the construction to a wall ?

No, I was planning on it to be mobile

KISS IS THE EQUATION- you can build a bow -archery type- out of pvc -good luck with plywood.

AamsterC2 said:
What I'm making is a long wing like structure for display, it will be about 10ft (3m) long and I'd like it to last a long time.

I'd be very reluctant to build anything from PVC if I wanted it to last a long time. PVC is a plastic type material and deforms plastically with the passage of time. Plywood has some of the same problems, but to a much lesser degree in most situations.