1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which universities I should apply to without a Physics GRE?

Tags:
  1. Aug 18, 2014 #1
    Hi fellas,
    I am in senior year of my undergrad and will be graduating next May. If I want to apply for the fall-2015 session, which universities will best fit me with my academic record?

I have a cgpa of 3.87 out of 4.00 . I have not given general GRE yet but wish to give within December, but i need a university that takes student without physics GRE because I do not have enough time to prepare for it.

any suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 18, 2014 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You should take the Physics GRE. A school may not *require* it, but that does not mean they won't *consider* it.

4. Aug 18, 2014 #3
    Mississippi State is the only school I know of which doesn't require it. You could look at engineering programs, they usually don't require it.

5. Aug 18, 2014 #4

ZombieFeynman

Gold Member

Any school that does not require the PGRE is one that I would not wish to go to. You have plenty of time to prepare so stop making excuses and get to it.

6. Aug 18, 2014 #5
    The University of Missouri - Columbia does not require the PGRE. I know of at least one graduate student who got in without it.

7. Aug 18, 2014 #6
    Take the GRE first even if you have to delay a year or study like crazy now or whatnot. Since without it I fear auto-reject from just about anywhere (unless you have perhaps published a paper of at least semi-significant note already).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook