We have a similar kind of device at work that allows one to pretend they have a quantum computer but everything is done with discrete electronics and some magic or is that MAGIC and some discrete electronics.
I think I understand quantum superposition and entanglement, and a qubit. I just finished reading Scott Aaronson's brilliant blog post "Shor I'll Do It" that allowed me to understand Shor's Algorithm and how it relates to QM. But now I'm missing the next step. How does one "wire up" a number...
I never got an answer to that but this article does show how they did it. It appears that they made a neural net using conventional computers for the deep learning feedback and synapse adjustment. That's cheating because the conventional part won't scale with quantum speed.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving