Why do we dream?

• Thread starter Rader
  • Start date
Originally posted by Hegira
Aside from that... Pelastration, your site is outstanding and awesomely informative on your studies and ideas!! I'll be spending some time there whenever I have the spare moments to do so. Thank You!
Thanks Hegira! ;-)
About your music. Do you mind to share some with us in which the 4 waves are included. I always was interested in brainwaves. If you can convert in a mp3 of 10 minutes max. ...you could email it to me? I would love to see if I am able to 'feel' them. ;-). If it's not possible or you want to keep it for yourself that's OK too.
At this moment I have about 3 hours of Enigma on my laptop. I believe they also include some braniwaves technics.

Originally posted by Rader
There are no coincidences, just mixing of attractor patterns.
For that reason Rader I never accepted Heisenbergs uncertainty. IMO everything is hierachic layered. Everything has embedded history. Jung spoke about synchronicity, and that includes also non-local (distance) communication. The images I showed include that. The essence is that if you have developed ( by training ... or gifted by nature?) a personal sensibility you can catch more resonant frequencies. But I am sure you and Hegira too, know that. On brainwaves: ... the Tibetan, Yogi ... and other masters learn to apply ALL 4 during mediation. Is it a type of DayDream? Yes and no! ;-)

Last edited:
I'm still using 56K, so sending any of my longer compositions, that include multiples of these frequencies, is unreasonable... Even in mp3 or wma formats. But I could send two songs at separate times that either have Delta to Theta or another with an Alpha intro that goes into a mixture of Beta and Theta (which I feel has an interesting sensory flavor).

Perhaps one day I might be able to find enough time or become inspired to create a website or a few that are dedicated to sharing these ideas. Aside from that my work is under fairly strict "Lock and Key"! Quite frankly, I haven't decided to "SELL" my soul to the world yet and more so I'd rather die without ever really "releasing" anything and let others argue left and right once I'm not around to explain every last detail.

Nonetheless... for this one time offer...:wink: If I am contacted by you (Rader), or you (Pelastration), (also one_raven, Iacchus32, and Nommos Prime) with the e-mail that you wish me to send these two songs... I'd be delighted!

For anyone else that has happened to follow this discussion that we've had on Dreams, consciousness, Brainwave patterns/fluxuations... Contact me through this forum simply by stating your interest, however since hardly anyone joined in our discussion...

The THREE of us would like additional posts that explicate your own opinions, arguments, and evidence that you may be able to provide in support or against whatever we have covered. I ask this because I KNOW we could never know it all, yet every little bit helps our generalized understanding of Dreams, Thoughts, and Life! If that's too much to ask, then contact me anyway and I will ask a single question... If you know or find the answer... I'd be delighted, as well as inspired to share! :wink:

---------------
OK, I wish to apologize for the previous explanation, but I won't... however I find no necessity in going into it any further or else it becomes a troublesome paradox for me. I dislike having to do such things, yet I believe that by sharing a piece of what I have will bring another personal touch to our collective studies on these matters... Which is what these forums should be all about, right!?

------------------
Among the things I've held most precious... Thoughts Unspoken.

Hegira

Rader,
I hope that you didn't take offense to my blatant nature, I just hoped that you would have specified that the information that you were relating came from another site. I'm actually glad that you took our thread to another level. I hadn't been around enough lately to post every night. :wink: I'm not sure how to explain the analogy that I began having to do with some universal relation of the number Four. It's something that I've constantly pondered or percieved, but not sure how to put it into the right words for illustration, though I see and think it most moments of everyday!

Pelastration,
You're correct about Enigma! They use many techniqes of what we are discussing. Its used all over the place, and often its hardly realized. Just like I had mentioned earlier, its used within multiple forms of media/advertizing, music, movies, hypno-therapy, meditation, etc...

Perhaps most existing frequencies of brain functions are even beyond our comprehension and are under higher influence without us ever knowing or ever being able to realize their existence; yet denying us total control. I've always wondered that if "we only use 3-4% of our total brain capacity"(Einstein), then what might we achieve with full functionality control capabilities!? I could see extremes of Good and Evil within this idea.

Another question might be: Are our thoughts EVER our own!?!? I'd say... most likely no. In support of the MATRIX, choice may very well be an illusion.

I really wish I could find some time to encompass what you've put on site, Pelastration... I'm sure you've covered this in more depth than I have.

----------------------
Trust bestowed awaits the test of temptation.

Last edited:
Here's an excerpt from one of the mixing programs that I've used extensively for recording and mastering audio:

Cool Edit Pro’s Brainwave Synchronizer can produce files that, when listened to with stereo headphones, will put the listener into any desired state of awareness. For example, by listening to “brainwaved” files, you can achieve states such as deep sleep, theta meditation, or alpha relaxation. Because of the nature of this function, it only works on stereo waveform data, and to be effective, it must be listened to with stereo headphones.

The Brainwave Synchronizer function spatially locates the audio left and right, in a circular pattern over time. In order to spatially encode the signal, either the left or right channel is delayed so that the sounds will appear at each ear at different times, tricking the brain into thinking they are coming from either side. When this is done at frequencies of 3Hz and above, the brain will start synchronizing at the same frequency, increasing its output of Delta, Theta, Alpha, or Beta frequencies.

----------------
The following link is one that I happened across a while back that breaks down some of the specifics to brainwave functions and possible manipulations:

http://www.geocities.com/jeremygreene70/brainwav.htm

Mr. Greene even has files listed on his Perfect Pitch page that exhibit some of the binaural beats or brainwave synchronizing techniques.

All this is in lue of the fact that I've never taken the time to develope any sites of my own, so I hope you find this as useful as I have!

------------------------
I try to think of everything, though I never KNOW anything!

nothing rustles my feathers

Originally posted by Hegira
Rader,

Perhaps most existing frequencies of brain functions are even beyond our comprehension and are under higher influence without us ever knowing or ever being able to realize their existence; yet denying us total control. I've always wondered that if "we only use 3-4% of our total brain capacity"(Einstein), then what might we achieve with full functionality control capabilities!? I could see extremes of Good and Evil within this idea.
----------------------
Trust bestowed awaits the test of temptation.
Hegira nothing rustles my feathers. Its permitted to quote, link sites, copy info for study, no problem. It would be great to listen to one of your pieces. I did not realize that music could be linked to brain states until we started taling about it. As for wondering that if "we only use 3-4% of our total brain capacity. It might be for a reason, 100% might be total consciousness.
The 70 sciences that study conscientiology
http://www.mundoiac.org/English/Sciences/Conscientiology/SubdisciplinesOfConscientiology.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
THE CARTESIAN THEORY

What might the realtionship be between the Cartesian Theory and the human brains 4 brain lobes and 4 frequencies from which it connects to consciousness?

http://proof-of-god.freewebsitehosting.com/cart.html

In summary then, Gray tells us that there is a comparator which compares reality with expectation, but it turns out from the Cartesian Theory that expectation depends upon four opinions. The four personalities defined by the intersection of Eysenck's E and N axes are shown by the cartesian theory to reside in the four primary lobes defined by the intersection of the Medial and Central fissures of the brain. These four lobes input highly processed multimodal information into the four extremities of the Papez-Gray fornical system and there is a strong diagonal component of circulation in this system. Thus it is that the generation of expectations is composed of a diagonal balance of opinion between the diagonally opposed lobes, or personalities, of the brain. Gray's diagonal system is the mediator of personality conflict and as such, is a functional corollary to the underlying Eysenckian structure of personality. Finally, it is seen, that it is the Cartesian principle of structure which unifies these two heretofore conflicting models and gives the resulting unified model the status of an axiomatic theory, the first such theory in the history of psychology.