null void
- 102
- 1
In the full wave centre tap rectifier, piv of diode require is twice of the input current of the transformer. I can't understand why is it twice when the source is only 1V-peak.
null void said:In the full wave centre tap rectifier, piv of diode require is twice of the input current of the transformer. I can't understand why is it twice when the source is only 1V-peak.
CT is the centre tap, and that is grounded here. When one winding on the transformer has a voltage V volts, the other winding has a terminal voltage of -V volts. The conducting diode has no voltage loss across it. Mark these on your diagram, and you'll see what the voltage is on the reverse biased rectifier.null void said:This is my just my assumption:
I consider the voltage drop at the resistance is same as the voltage drop at the reversed biased diode...am i right?
null void said:sorry my V is the peak voltage of the transformer
There are 2 identical secondary windings, and at any moment in time they produce identical voltages.
NascentOxygen said:There are 2 identical secondary windings, and at any moment in time they produce identical voltages. So if you say there are V volts across one, then there must also be V volts across the other (regardless of whether there is current being drawn or not).
So for the situation depicted, with V volts across the lower winding, this places B at -V volts with respect to the other end of that winding (which being connected to earth, we call 0 volts).
NascentOxygen said:I did mean that, because I was picturing a meter across each to measure the amplitude. I didn't want to complicate with phasing there, but mentioned it in parentheses later just in case OP was wondering.
null void said:So the tap play an important role? without it the piv will not be double?
null void said:![]()
Same as this? Voltage inversed = 24v ?
