Why men are better than women

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
I contend with the assertion that women take more time when peeing. When I accept the fact that women have bodily functions beyond having to "freshen up" I will assert that my girlfriend can go pee in what would have to be less time than it would take me to walk to the bathroom. I have often observed (much to her annoyance)
Am I the only one who got to there, stopped and laughed? Something of an involuntary reaction.

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Of course a woman does hold the record for longest time in the bathroom.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23595533/ns/health-health_care/" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Pythagorean
Gold Member
The rule in my house is "leave the toilet seat up". Violators will likely sit in pee.

Seriously though... If you don't want something peed on, why insist that its always in the line of fire for those zombie walk 3am deposits.

The rule in my house is "leave the toilet seat up". Violators will likely sit in pee.

Seriously though... If you don't want something peed on, why insist that its always in the line of fire for those zombie walk 3am deposits.
Well logically, the man should raise the seat before peeing and then lower it again when finished. This makes way more sense than a women looking at the seat and determining whether it is up or down before sitting. Duh

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Well logically, the man should raise the seat before peeing and then lower it again when finished. This makes way more sense than a women looking at the seat and determining whether it is up or down before sitting. Duh
Yes, the issues people supposedly have over the damn toilet seat make no sense. How hard is it to put the seat down? and how hard is it to freaken look before you sit?

Evo
Mentor
As a woman that fell into an open toilet of freezing water at 3am because someone forgot to put the seat down, you don't want to do that to someone you hope to have relations with. :grumpy:

There's no "forget" about it. I just don't.

In fairness, all the equal rights stuff for women and yet it's the bloke who has to deal with the toilet seat, just so they don't have to think about it. Yep, that's fair and equal! :uhh:

There's no "forget" about it. I just don't.

In fairness, all the equal rights stuff for women and yet it's the bloke who has to deal with the toilet seat, just so they don't have to think about it. Yep, that's fair and equal! :uhh:
No complaints here. I don't have to go through labor. Or all those other "things."

As a woman that fell into an open toilet of freezing water at 3am because "someone" forgot to put the seat down...
(quote marks added)

Did you forget to put the seat down, Evo?

My ex would have killed me if I'd forgotten to put it up before I did my own brand of business. Whether I left it up or not, she really didn't care after the first month of marriage, as she learned to check. I tried to remember to put it down, but just as girls living with girls learn to leave it down all the time, guys living with guys learn to leave it up all the time.

When girls and guys get married, this issue is bound to generate a conflict.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My ex would have killed me if I'd forgotten to put it up before I did my own brand of business. Whether I left it up or not, she really didn't care after the first month of marriage, as she learned to check. I tried to remember to put it down, but just as girls living with girls learn to leave it down all the time, guys living with guys learn to leave it up all the time.
Totally agree, as long as it's clean when you're done, you can leave it any which way.

as she learned to check
This is something I never understood/will never understand wrt the toilet seat issue. Don't women see the toilet as they walk towards it? Do they backup from the bathroom door? Or what?

I always put the seat and the lid back down ( I don't want to have this giant vile mouth staring at me when I'm brushing teeth/shaving/etc.) I've had women complain about that too!

Evo
Mentor
This is something I never understood/will never understand wrt the toilet seat issue. Don't women see the toilet as they walk towards it? Do they backup from the bathroom door? Or what?

I always put the seat and the lid back down ( I don't want to have this giant vile mouth staring at me when I'm brushing teeth/shaving/etc.) I've had women complain about that too!
Half asleep, 3am, no lights on.

You should never flush the toilet with the lid open, the spray from the toilet goes everywhere, have men not seen that show on tv that showed where the spray went?

No complaints here. I don't have to go through labor. Or all those other "things."
Seems to be the get out of jail card for everything.

As bad as it may be, it doesn't cover you for everything.

Half asleep, 3am, no lights on.
Complaints I've gotten never specified time of day/night or lighting. It was always like "sometimes I/we really have to go. No time to check&lift lid."

Someday I will do an experiment and remove the seat, leave the closed lid to see if she falls into the bowl. I probably wouldn't survive the experiment though. :biggrin:

Pythagorean
Gold Member
logically, in a free market society, you protect your own ASSets and depend on no one else to.

As a woman that fell into an open toilet of freezing water at 3am because someone forgot to put the seat down, you don't want to do that to someone you hope to have relations with. :grumpy:
In a man's defense, the odds of having relations at 3 a.m. are not that good to start with. On the other hand, women can hold a grudge.

radou
Homework Helper
:rofl:

The Guiness record goes to you, Evo.

Btw, I wonder what the design of that toilet was.

... have men not seen that show on tv that showed where the spray went?
I think shows that do that do a disservice. Think back to to how care-free you life was before you found out about that. Not only did you not know, but you didn't know that you should care. Shame on you t.v. for showing us how nasty bathrooms are and what shows up on the ceiling of a hotel room when you turn on a black light.

I say meh and just live in blissful forced ignorance of those things. Long live the five-second rule. (Or fifteen second rule depending...)

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You should never flush the toilet with the lid open, the spray from the toilet goes everywhere, have men not seen that show on tv that showed where the spray went?
And the spray from before the flush. Sometime during my many years as a bachelor, I started sitting down. After getting married, I have been "informed" about many things that I do the wrong way, but leaving the toilet seat up has not been one of them.

And the spray from before the flush. Sometime during my many years as a bachelor, I started sitting down. After getting married, I have been "informed" about many things that I do the wrong way, but leaving the toilet seat up has not been one of them.
Well in fairness, if you're sitting down too would it ever have a need to be up? It's a bit like saying I never eat garlic but no one ever complains of my garlic breath.

Evo
Mentor
Well in fairness, if you're sitting down too would it ever have a need to be up? It's a bit like saying I never eat garlic but no one ever complains of my garlic breath.
Just because men can do it standing up doesn't mean that they should. We have toilets to sit on now, you no longer need to pee in the street gutter. :devil:

George is *civilised*. :approve:

Just because men can do it standing up doesn't mean that they should. We have toilets to sit on now, you no longer need to pee in the street gutter. :devil:
Urinals?
George is *civilised*. :approve:
If he did it where I grew up, he'd be called a few things but 'civilised' ain't one of them. :wink:

Besides, if you've seen the state of the men's bogs in most places you wouldn't stand to pee in them, let alone sit on them.

This needs to stay out of mature forums, sexist.
There are stereotypes in all formations, for men and women.
I'm sure one of the gender would like to feel smug and superior, but the fact is that both are equal. There is no reason to have discrimination in this scenario; statistically, men and women are of the same calibre of intelligence.