Will these lightbulbs light up?

• Thread starter Max CR
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Light
In summary, the wires in the second diagram will connect together in the same places as the wires in the first diagram, but will also have insulation around them. This will prevent the battery in the second diagram from being destroyed.
Max CR
This is part of a project I am working on. It is not related to school.

circuit.jpg

Figure One

The block is a 9 volt battery. The circle is the lightbulb. The wires goes from the battery to the lightbulb. Between the lightbulb and the battery the two wires connect. Will the lighbulb still light?

Figure Two

The block is a 9 volt battery. The circle is a lightbulb. The wires go from the battery to the three lightbulbs. Between the lightbulbs and the battery, the wires connect at the indicated places. Will the lightbulbs still light? Will the lightbulbs light evenly? Will the lightbubls light at the same time?

Thank you. Please only give real answers since this is an important question.

Science news on Phys.org
Quick answer
No
Yes,Yes,Yes (assuming that the wires don't touch where they cross - this isn't exactly a standard circuit diagram drawing)

Are you interested in the reasons?

For the second, as long as they only join in the two points at the bottom and not where the lines cross, that's just a clumsily drawn parallel circuit and will work fine.

Max CR said:
This is part of a project I am working on. It is not related to school.

circuit.jpg

Figure One

The block is a 9 volt battery. The circle is the lightbulb. The wires goes from the battery to the lightbulb. Between the lightbulb and the battery the two wires connect. Will the lighbulb still light?

Figure Two

The block is a 9 volt battery. The circle is a lightbulb. The wires go from the battery to the three lightbulbs. Between the lightbulbs and the battery, the wires connect at the indicated places. Will the lightbulbs still light? Will the lightbulbs light evenly? Will the lightbubls light at the same time?

Thank you. Please only give real answers since this is an important question.

What kind of important project is this? It would help us to give you real answers if you put the question in context.

Also, there generally are no "light bulbs" for 9V batteries (Quiz Question -- why?)

And why in the world would you ask if the shorted out battery in the first figure will still light a "light bulb"? Makes no sense.

THank you. Being that these wires will actually CONNECT in the diagram, I thought that where the wires cross/connect to each other that this may be a problem. It turns out that it is. I will have to put insillation around these wires. Thanks again!

You do know that the first diagram will destroy the battery - and possibly start a fire?

Max CR said:
THank you. Being that these wires will actually CONNECT in the diagram, I thought that where the wires cross/connect to each other that this may be a problem. It turns out that it is. I will have to put insillation around these wires. Thanks again!
Uh, most wires come with insulation...you can buy some!

Related to Will these lightbulbs light up?

1. What type of lightbulbs should I use?

The type of lightbulb you should use depends on the fixtures in your home. Most commonly used lightbulbs are incandescent, fluorescent, and LED. Make sure to check the wattage and size of the lightbulb before purchasing.

2. How long will these lightbulbs last?

The lifespan of a lightbulb depends on the type of bulb and usage. On average, incandescent bulbs last about 1,000 hours, compact fluorescent bulbs last about 8,000 hours, and LED bulbs can last up to 25,000 hours.

3. Can I use a higher wattage bulb than recommended?

No, it is not recommended to use a higher wattage bulb than what is recommended for your fixture. This could cause overheating and potentially start a fire. Always follow the manufacturer's recommendations.

4. Do these lightbulbs use a lot of energy?

The energy usage of a lightbulb depends on the type of bulb and the wattage. LED bulbs are the most energy-efficient, using 75-80% less energy than incandescent bulbs. Fluorescent bulbs also use less energy than incandescent bulbs.

5. Are these lightbulbs safe for the environment?

Many lightbulbs contain toxic materials such as mercury, which can be harmful to the environment. LED bulbs are the safest option as they do not contain any harmful substances and can be recycled. Make sure to properly dispose of any old bulbs.