Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game
- Thread starter fresh_42
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,781 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 944 3/6















- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 945 3/6















I forgot to post 944 yesterday.
I forgot to post 944 yesterday.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 946 4/6




















- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 946 4/6




















- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 946 3/6















- 20,819
- 28,467
I had been similar close when it was "large". But stupid me had to test "lager" first. Cheers!gmax137 said:Wordle 946 2/6
![]()
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 3,936
- 1,866
Wordle 946 4/6*




















- 22,832
- 14,880
Give me a large lager any day!fresh_42 said:I had been similar close when it was "large". But stupid me had to test "lager" first. Cheers!
- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 947 3/6















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 947 3/6















Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 3,936
- 1,866
Wordle 947 4/6*




















- 20,819
- 28,467
gmax137 said:Wordle 947 5/6
What was your second word?
trick
- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 947 4/6




















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 948 3/6















- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 948 6/6






























Another victory for the informative guess. After the 4th guess I had more than 2 remaining possibilities. Guessing one of them at a time would have risked a loss. The 5th guess was designed to leave only one possibility. Streak intact.
Another victory for the informative guess. After the 4th guess I had more than 2 remaining possibilities. Guessing one of them at a time would have risked a loss. The 5th guess was designed to leave only one possibility. Streak intact.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 3,936
- 1,866
Wordle 948 2/6*










- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 948 3/6















Same here. After the first seed word, I had 4 remaining possibilities. One the four, if chosen but not right, would guarantee getting the answer on the third guess. So after the first choice, I had 25% probability of getting the answer in 2 (didn't happen) and 100% probability of getting it in 3 (happened).Orodruin said:Wordle 948 6/6
Another victory for the informative guess. After the 4th guess I had more than 2 remaining possibilities. Guessing one of them at a time would have risked a loss. The 5th guess was designed to leave only one possibility. Streak intact.
- 20,819
- 28,467
- 22,832
- 14,880
How is it a counter point? The existence of a solved puzzle does not mean that the solution was guaranteed. Even if it were, the existence of a situation where the solution is guaranteed does not mean that it is always guaranteed.fresh_42 said:I had the usual 4 ...
Wordle 948 4/6
... which I didn't want to post. But it is a counterpoint to @Orodruin 's strategy. I kept my already guessed letters fixed and still managed to keep the streak.
- 20,819
- 28,467
As in the bass line in music. (I would have said 'Kontrapunkt' but it was wrong in English and I was too lazy to look it up, so I took what the spellchecker suggested.)Orodruin said:How is it a counter point?
I know.Orodruin said:The existence of a solved puzzle does not mean that the solution was guaranteed.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Wordle 949 3/6















Nice pattern!
Nice pattern!
- 22,832
- 14,880
No signs of symmetry here β¦
Wordle 949 3/6















Edit: β¦ I guess if you ignore the yellows β¦
Wordle 949 3/6
Edit: β¦ I guess if you ignore the yellows β¦
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 949 3/6















- 16,101
- 9,307
Wordle 949 3/6















Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 3,936
- 1,866
Wordle 949 3/6*














