Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,777 replies · 457K views
sbrothy said:
Although I’m not really sure what KK and AA mean.
In the arguably most popular poker variant, Texas Hold'em, you get two cards on your hand. After alternating rounds of betting and flipping up 3+1+1 communal open cards on the table, the player who can construct the highest 5 card poker hand from their hand cards + the communal cards takes the pot.

The card values are typically referred to as 2-9, T (10), J(ack), Q(ueen), K(ing), A(ce). So KK means I was holding two kings on hand - the second strongest possible starting hand - while my opponent held two aces (AA) - the best possible starting hand. All the chips went into the middle before any communal cards were shown. It is an unlucky circumstance, but those happen and you really cannot play any of those hands differently.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Orodruin said:
In the arguably most popular poker variant, Texas Hold'em, you get two cards on your hand. After alternating rounds of betting and flipping up 3+1+1 communal open cards on the table, the player who can construct the highest 5 card poker hand from their hand cards + the communal cards takes the pot.

The card values are typically referred to as 2-9, T (10), J(ack), Q(ueen), K(ing), A(ce). So KK means I was holding two kings on hand - the second strongest possible starting hand - while my opponent held two aces (AA) - the best possible starting hand. All the chips went into the middle before any communal cards were shown. It is an unlucky circumstance, but those happen and you really cannot play any of those hands differently.
Oh. Then I actully understood. I’m just so used to look for layers within layers takling with you people. I know my limitatations.
 
sbrothy said:
Seriously, I’m baffled by the investment some of you people put into this. Spredsheets, statistics and what have we. I’m almost scared. Remind me never to play poker or chess involving real money with you people.

:)
I'm old, single, and retired. I have absolutely nothing else better to do.
My other hobbies are:
1. Finding mathematical patterns and then analyzing the bejizits out of them.
2. Sitting on Facebook & Twitter all day, looking for something interesting and not depressing.
3. Watching movies(new and old) & TV(old and new).
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and edwardII
OmCheeto said:
I'm old, single, and retired. I have absolutely nothing else better to do.
My other hobbies are:
1. Finding mathematical patterns and then analyzing the bejizits out of them.
2. Sitting on Facebook & Twitter all day, looking for something interesting and not depressing.
3. Watching movies(new and old) & TV(old and new).
Well it’s a little sad but at least you’re keeping busy. I wont pretend my life is any better, my interests just lie elsewhere.
 
Wordle 1 064 5/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

3 words with distinct unknown letters after 2 guesses. For once I thought ”let’s go with intuition rather than guaranteeing solution in 4” … that variance sure backfired …
 
Wordle 1,065 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Ouch! 10% of the players today did not solve the puzzle.
 
Wordle 1.066 6/6*

🟨🟨⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟨🟩⬛
🟨🟩⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


Not my best run. But I guess it was starting to look a little too good to be true.