Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1.067 5/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


I’m getting back into the game slowly but surely.
 
Wordle 1.068 4/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Could’ve done better. Made a stupid at guess #2.

Pretty esoteric word though.
 
sbrothy said:
Close call, huh? :)
It is not as bad as it looks. I use the same 5 words as my first guesses that cover 21 letters, beginning with the most popular ones in the first guesses. The first 3 guesses cover all vowels. The only untried letters remaining for my 6th guess are Q, J, V, X, and Z. It's almost impossible not to get it by then.

One I remember not getting (on another website) was WALTZ:
  • 1st guess: T matched, and A found;
  • 2nd guess: L found;
  • 5th guess: W found;
I couldn't figure out a word with 2 A's (all vowels are out), and it was difficult to imagine a word with one vowel: especially with one of the remaining letters. I just abandoned at that point.

With this method, you don't have to think too much, it is fast and I usually find the answer in 4 guesses, Β±1.

On the other website, I challenge myself by self-imposing the hard mode. Unless being lucky, it is much harder and can take a long time when you are stuck. (I don't use any word list.) In the end, I usually find the answer in the same range, 4Β±1 guesses. But you can run out of guesses if you have to find a word that shares the same 4 letters with many other words.
 
Mister T said:
Wordle 1,069 2/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Started with AROSE which narrowed it down to a relatively small number of words, many of which were former solutions, so from there it was just a bit of luck. It's been awhile!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and OmCheeto
Wordle 1,070 5/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This one was flirtin' with disaster.