Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Wordle 1 075 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I liked how this one developed with my attempts. It also caps off the 400th day in a row that I play despite lots of tumultuous happenings in my life.

1716933955094.png


Edit: Play successfully I should add. My laat streak was cut short by … human error. I had only one possible solution ad guess 6 but … mistyped and pressed enter too fast. Unfortunately the mistyped solution was also a valid word …
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and collinsmark
Physics news on Phys.org
gmax137 said:
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ Uh-oh
That's actually more information than one would think. Presumably you chose words with letters that are quite common. Getting to know that there are none of those can be quite the trove of information.
 
Orodruin said:
That's actually more information than one would think. Presumably you chose words with letters that are quite common. Getting to know that there are none of those can be quite the trove of information.

Agree, it is better than one of these:

⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛

I call these things " @fresh_42 's English nightmares"
 
gmax137 said:
Agree, it is better than one of these:

⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛

I call these things " @fresh_42 's English nightmares"
I call them "the reason I refuse 'hard' mode" ... :p
 
Wordle 1,077 2/6

🟨🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, gmax137 and Herman Trivilino
Wordle 1,077 6/6*

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
🟨🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟩⬛🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Well, that was pretty embarrassing. Dunno what's wrong with me lately.
 
OK. New one. I'm gonna try to be sharp. I'll probably make a fool of myself but it almost ca't get any worse....

Wordle 1,078 5/6*

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨
🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yeah, well proud I ain't but at least I got it before making a complete fool of myself. :)

Dunno what's going on. I'm more than a little scatterbrained lately.
 
Last edited:
Wordle 1,078 4/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Long ago, I became disgusted with how many times I chose the incorrect word from a list of 2 or 3 potential solutions, which was when I decided to implement the spreadsheet function: =RANDBETWEEN(1,R$2358)
such that in the future, I could blame such a simple failure on chance, and not my blatant word bigotry.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, gmax137 and sbrothy