Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 459K views
Wordle 1,171 5/6 NUTZ

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟨🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1.172 4/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Darn it. I had those two words lined up internally but of course I picked the wrong one initially.

DDB3E31B-A400-4CD2-9436-F51EDD5AC42F.png


EDIT: Also, statistically, I’d wager that S is more common than P, although that might just be because of the plural use of S in English
 
Wordle 1,173 2/6

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

100% luck
0% skill
 
Wordle 1.173 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Made a stupid in second guess. Ah well.

11CF3F1D-FB4E-43B7-8E30-5439E30CA881.png
 
jack action said:
Wordle 1,174 3/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Didn't you forget a letter in the second guess, or is it some kind of devious MO I don’t understand? :)
 
sbrothy said:
Didn't you forget a letter in the second guess, or is it some kind of devious MO I don’t understand? :)
NURSE -> 39 words left (not including past answers)
MODAL -> filter word; 1 word left
 
jack action said:
NURSE -> 39 words left (not including past answers)
MODAL -> filter word; 1 word left
Ah. So, it was a question of you being devious and crazy prepared. :cool:
 
Keeping the streak alive

Wordle 1 175 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I have now solved Wordle 500 days in a row.

1725573987165.png


Played it even more days in a row but there was that fateful day 501 days ago when I managed to misspell the word I knew was the solution on guess 6 … unfortunately the misspelling was also a word … 😭
 
Wordle 1,175 6/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I have no idea why this was so hard for me. Once I found the solution it seemed so obvious!

EDIT: It might be relevant that I only found it after arriving home and gearing down.
 
Last edited:
Went into some kinda nerdy overdrive angry over the day’s abysmal result. I had an old IRC wordguess program lying around and cannabalized it to write this:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wordlecheater/

I'm not really sure if it's publicly available as I cannot find the log out button on sourceforge. It was written as a challenge to myself and for the sheer fun of it. I'm not gonna use it to cheat. I mean, what would be the point?

The synopsis goes like:
Code:
./main [-l n] wordfile regex

as in (Example run for wordle (Sep. 6, 2024, "RERUN") "?er??":):

Code:
./main -l 5 '^([QWRUPFLZXVNM]{1})ER([QWRUPFLZXVNM]{2})$' csw.txt

Oh, forgot the output:

Screenshot from 2024-09-08 22-48-34.png

I know claimed I "geared down" but, yeah, I do stuff like this for fun. You don't get to judge me!

EDIT: Output got boring without all the garish color from the SPDLOG console color sink.



:biggrin:
 
Last edited:
Wordle 1,176 5/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Hah! Well, at least you probably wont suspect me of cheating. :smile: