Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,781 replies · 460K views
Wordle 1,233 4/6

🟨🟨⬛🟨⬛ [LATER] 15 left
⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛ [PINED] filter - 6 left ALGAE AMBLE BLAZE FECAL FELLA SHALE
⬛🟨🟨🟨🟩 [FABLE] filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [BLAZE]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Orodruin said:
Wordle 1 234 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
kuruman said:
Wordle 1,234 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟦🟦⬜🟦🟦
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Nicely symmetric.
I am jealous … so close for me …
 
Wordle 1,234 3/6

⬛🟨⬛🟨🟨 [SLAIN] 5 left: LYING VINYL LINGO LINER INLET
🟨🟩🟩⬛⬛ [LINGO] most probable and filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [VINYL]

My preferred words in order were: LINGO VINYL LINER INLET LYING. I hesitated between LINGO and VINYL as my first choice, but only the former was a filter word. I will still count it as a fail for guessing the right word.

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 34/13 - 72.3%/27.7%
 
A good guess always helps. Not a word that I use on a daily, monthly or even yearly basis although 50 years ago I was in one. :smile:
Wordle 1,235 3/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wordle 1,236 3/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛🟨 [YEAST] 15 left
🟨⬛⬛🟨🟩 [UNITY] possible answer - most probable - filter: 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [TRULY]

This one is an odd one for me. My 2nd guess filter word suggested was UNION. Noticing UNITY was one of the possible answers, not only I thought it would be a better filter but, due to the US election, I thought it could be the answer. So that's a fail for the most-probable method. (Although I would have never dared use this method alone on the 15 words I had left.)

But if I did select UNION as a filter, there would have been 2 left, PUTTY and TRULY. In that case, I would have selected TRULY without hesitation, so a win for the method I'm testing.

So I'll count this both as an additional fail and success.

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 35/14 - 71.4%/28.6%