Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,781 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,250 3/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛ [MOTEL] 107 left
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨 [SARIN] filter - 5 left: EKING EYING KNIFE NICHE NIECE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [NICHE] most probable

I could have used GUSTY as a filter word, which would have guaranteed an answer in 4, but I went for the kill by choosing the most probable word.

My preferred words were (in order): NICHE KNIFE NIECE EYING EKING.

I was torn apart selecting between NICHE and KNIFE as my first guess and EYING and EKING were not really considered.

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 38/15 - 71.7%/28.3%
 
Orodruin said:
Accent dependent. Outside the US, most would use /niːʃ/. See also https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/niche
Thanks, I really like that wiktionary link, I think that site is a lot better than it was last time I visited (long ago). The audio clips are pretty cool!
 
Orodruin said:
(0, 6, 231, 338, 168, 41, 5, 789)

My distribution has evolved quite significantly towards lower numbers over time. For example, my last fail was 418 games ago and the streak before that was something like 270. Most fails came very early before I had any sort of strategy.
I am now (0, 16, 288, 409, 188, 42, 5, 948).
This means the last 159 games since posting the last one have gone (0, 10, 57, 71, 20, 1, 0, 159). Wordle is definitely getting easier with a lot of words used up alread.
 
Wordle 1,251 3/6

🟩⬛🟩⬛🟩 [SUITE] 6 left: SEIZE SLIDE SLIME SNIDE SNIPE SPINE
🟨⬛⬛🟩🟩 [PLANE] filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [SPINE]

I couldn't identify which word was the most probable, so I went for a filter word (and got lucky).

Maybe I'm not fully awake yet, but with the same first, middle, and last letters, they all looked the same.
 
Wordle 1,251 3/6

🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩 this is very close to my seed word yesterday
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 this was my seed word yesterday

I think this is as close as I will ever get to the "hole in one"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and jack action