Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Wordle 1,259 4/6




[ARISE] 61 left




[LYTED] filter - 8 left




[BUNCO] filter - 1 left




[HIPPO]
So what? Are you forgetting the WORDLE Exclusion Principle? Not-so-common letters appear in a smaller percentage of words than common letters. If the target word has not-so-common letters, by discovering that the common letters in the seed are not in the target, you have fewer possibilities to choose from. It's a "five" sum game.jack action said:Lately, it appears that someone is deliberately choosing words with not-so-common letters.
Excluding the most common letters is great! The last days I have experienced this as well and after my initial seeds with only a few ”hits”, not much has been left. Two or three words at most - even if I have not had so many letters known.jack action said:Wordle 1,260 4/6
[ARISE] 153 left
[CLINT] filter - 21 left
[MIDGY] filter - 1 left
[DOGMA]
I'm doubting my choice of seed word with the most common letters. Lately, it appears that someone is deliberately choosing words with not-so-common letters.
I think they're on to us.
5 wasn't very far out of first place for the number of guesses to solve this among global playersdwarde said:I somehow managed to make this difficult.![]()
Wordle 1,261 5/6
![]()
| guesses to solve | % globally |
| 4 | 38% |
| 5 | 35% |
| 3 | 15% |
| 6 | 9.4% |
| 2 | 2.4% |
| 7 | 0.65% |
| 1 | 0% |
Do they have any stats for "old" people?OmCheeto said:5 wasn't very far out of first place for the number of guesses to solve this among global players
guesses to solve % globally 4 38% 5 35% 3 15% 6 9.4% 2 2.4% 7 0.65% 1 0%
And unless you play augmented, you wouldn't know that there were 209 acceptable words with that combination of 2nd and 5th letters, and includes every letter except 'Q'.