Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 457K views
Forgot to solve the rest of yesterday’s puzzle but it wasn’t going too well anyway. This one though:

Wordle 1.573 3/6*

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

32242D11-428B-44BD-A907-F80A4F0B4946.webp
 
Physics news on Phys.org
sigh it could have been in two
Wordle 1,575 4/6*

🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛SPACE
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩SHACK
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩SNACK
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩STACK
 
Not exactly brilliant. I even consulted the English letter frequency table. Luckily I didn't heed it as I was about to guess MOUND at the end but changed my mind at the last moment.


Wordle 1,576 6/6*

⬛🟨🟨⬛🟨
🟨🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (29).webp
 
TensorCalculus said:
sigh it could have been in two
Wordle 1,575 4/6*

🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛SPACE
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩SHACK
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩SNACK
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩STACK

How I know the feeling.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
gahhh
Wordle 1,576 X/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨TRAIN
⬛🟩🟨⬛⬛BONES
🟨🟩🟨🟨⬛NODUM
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩POUND
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩HOUND
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩FOUND
 
dwarde said:
Double gahhh... Down the rabbit hole.o0)

Wordle 1,576 X/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
Ouch! And not even in hard mode.
My suggestion to everyone, when one see's the
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
pattern of Wordle doom, start off with the seed word of 'CRWTH'.
It's a Welsh word for a stringed instrument. [ref]
It might not save you every time, but in this case, you'd have gotten it in two.
(or maybe 3, if you're a bit daft)

[edit: oops! Ok. You'd have gotten it in two in 'augmented mode'.... So sue me.]
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus and edwardII
OmCheeto said:
Ouch! And not even in hard mode.
My suggestion to everyone, when one see's the
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
pattern of Wordle doom, start off with the seed word of 'CRWTH'.
It's a Welsh word for a stringed instrument. [ref]
It might not save you every time, but in this case, you'd have gotten it in two.
(or maybe 3, if you're a bit daft)

[edit: oops! Ok. You'd have gotten it in two in 'augmented mode'.... So sue me.]
I needed a good filter word, instead of doing it one letter and one word at a time .
 
dwarde said:
I needed a good filter word, instead of doing it one letter and one word at a time .
It actually accepts that word?! No vocals but I can see it can come in handy in some situations.

EDIT: Oh sorry, quoted the wrong person.
 
Thank god for a quick one. I'm in one hell of a hurry to finish my powerpoint for my talk before tomorrow...

Wordle 1,577 2/6*

⬛⬛🟨🟨🟩STEAD
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩BEARD
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto, sbrothy and edwardII
TensorCalculus said:
Thank god for a quick one. I'm in one hell of a hurry to finish my powerpoint for my talk before tomorrow...

Wordle 1,577 2/6*

⬛⬛🟨🟨🟩STEAD
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩BEARD
Good luck. Or as we say in Denmark: “Break a leg.”
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
sbrothy said:
Good luck. Or as we say in Denmark: “Break a leg.”
Wait…. you say that dont you ?!
 
sbrothy said:
Wait…. you say that dont you ?!
I suspect I’m a little intoxicated… Sweet dreams!
 
sbrothy said:
Wait…. you say that dont you ?!
Yeeah we say that :)
 
Should’ve guessed that faster. Ah welp….

Wordle 1.578 4/6*

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

06DA67DE-68ED-4AAF-946B-C54DC24121CC.webp

EDIT: I mean mostly in terms of time, not attempts.
 
Wordle 1,579 4/6

⬛⬛🟨🟩⬛ ARSON 13
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛ 2 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Lucky first guess. Today's global mean score is 4.819.