Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 459K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,745 5/6*
⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛ WHOMP 15/16/42 (WB 75)
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛ COMFY 1/1/1 (3)
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛ COMIC 0/1/1 (2)
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛ COMBO 0/0/1 (1)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 COMET (re-used from game 122)
global mean: 3.806

-------
Wordle 1,746 3/6*
⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛ OPTIC 37/31/19 (WB 137)
⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛ DUMPY 1/2/1 (6) PLASM(N), GLAMP(N), AMPLE(U)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SWAMP (1.000 Orod old)
global mean: 3.956

------
Stats since Wordle Easter:
46/58 = 79% original list
5/58 = 9% added words
7/58 = 12% reused from games 0, 4, 15, 51, 59, 122, and 296
 
Ah, The thread's been moved. No wonder I couldn't find it... Not too proud of this one:

Wordle 1.746 5/6*

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (115).webp
 
Wordle 1,747 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ HOKUM remaining: 228 original/177 added/≈140 used but playable (wb 1114)
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨 DWARF 4/4/2 (19)
⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛ ELFIN 1/0/0 (1) (1.000 Orod)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 FIZZY

global mean: 4.859 (hard mode)
global mean: 4.962 (standard mode)

A rather tough one today.
 
Wordle 1,748 3/6*

🟩⬛⬛🟨⬛ SLURP 13/5/3 (wb 36) (Seed: ranked 922 and used by 22 others)
🟩⬛🟨🟨⬛ SCROD 2/0/1 (3) SONAR(o), SOWER(u)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SOBER (1.000 Orod)

global mean: 3.779

I'm up to 25 seed words now, including both added and used words.
original list: IMPLY, LYMPH, MOTIF, OPTIC, PIVOT, PUBIC, SLURP, VOMIT
added: BIPOD, DIVOT, HOKUM, KNISH, MOCHI, NIMBY, PSHAW, SCHMO, SCHWA, SHLUB, WHELK, WHOMP
used(game #): DWARF(11), FJORD(106), NYMPH(281), THUMB(115), WHELP(37)

Todays addition was quite lucky.
 
Again, I'm not too proud. Though I got the excuse of not being native. So relatively I'm doing OK I guess...

EDIT2: Why I guessed on 2 'E's 3 times I have no clue. Scatterbrained as always.

Wordle 1.748 5/6*

⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨
🟨🟨⬛⬛🟨
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (116).webp
 
Wordle 1,749 5/6*

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛ BIPOD 37/30/14 (WB 142)(Seed: used by no others!)
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛ VICHY 10/10/6 (45)
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛ LINUM 3/0/1 (6) SINEW(old), FINER(used #153)
⬛🟩🟩🟨🟩 RINSE 1/0/0 (1) (all 4 words were 1.000 Orod)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SINGE

global mean: 3.840
 
Well, it was bound to happen one day. My string of 1522 games in a row with no failures has come to an end.

Wordle 1,750 X/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ THUMB 533 (WB 1150) (Seed: ranked 1006 and used by 15 others)
🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛ DWARF 5/6/3 (50)
⬛🟩🟨⬛🟨 LADEN 0/1/0 (3)(1.143 Orod {NOT!} )
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛ PANDA 0/0/0 (2)!!!!!!!!
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩 GANDY 0/0/0 (2) Newly added? Nope.
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩 CANDY 0/0/0 (1)

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SANDY (game # 1226) previous most recent replayed old game was # 296

global mean: 3.593

I mock played the game again with the above knowledge and got it in 5, so I'm blaming the NYT for this.
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ THUMB 873 (WB 1150)
🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛ DWARF 5/6/11
⬛🟩🟨⬛🟨 LADEN 0/1/2 PANDA(N), SANDY(U)
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩 CANDY 0/0/1 (1.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SANDY (reused from game # 1226)
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
OmCheeto said:
Well, it was bound to happen one day. My string of 1522 games in a row with no failures has come to an end.

Wordle 1,750 X/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ THUMB 533 (WB 1150) (Seed: ranked 1006 and used by 15 others)
🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛ DWARF 5/6/3 (50)
⬛🟩🟨⬛🟨 LADEN 0/1/0 (3)(1.143 Orod {NOT!} )
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛ PANDA 0/0/0 (2)!!!!!!!!
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩 GANDY 0/0/0 (2) Newly added? Nope.
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩 CANDY 0/0/0 (1)

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SANDY (game # 1226) previous most recent replayed old game was # 296

global mean: 3.593

I mock played the game again with the above knowledge and got it in 5, so I'm blaming the NYT for this.
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ THUMB 873 (WB 1150)
🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛ DWARF 5/6/11
⬛🟩🟨⬛🟨 LADEN 0/1/2 PANDA(N), SANDY(U)
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩 CANDY 0/0/1 (1.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SANDY (reused from game # 1226)
I can't deny that it satisfies me a little to see you fail despite your massive preparations! :woot:

Of course I'm just yanking your chain. :smile:
 
Good grief I almost tripped over this one.

Wordle 1,750 6/6

🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and sbrothy
dwarde said:
Good grief I almost tripped over this one.

Wordle 1,750 6/6

🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I hate it when that happens!
 
Wordle 1,751 3/6*

⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛ DIVOT 2/0/3 (WB 5)
⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛ SAVOR 1/0/0 (1)(1.000 Orod)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ENVOY

global mean: 4.220
 
Close one.

Wordle 1.751 6/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟨⬛🟨
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (118).webp
 
sbrothy said:
I can't deny that it satisfies me a little to see you fail despite your massive preparations! :woot:
I can't say I haven't seen your type of behavior before.
In my youth, I was a nuclear reactor operator on a U.S. Navy submarine.
Failure while doing such a job was not an option. One mistake, and BOOM! 1,000,000 people dead.
That mentality unfortunately carried over into my later civilian life, and I would not open my mouth unless I was 100% certain that what I was saying was true.
About 10 years into being a civilian, I let my 100% slip down to 99%, and one day made a mistake, which was picked up by someone, at which point she started dancing and singing.
Since that day, I've noticed that it seems to be some people's sole purpose in life, to point out other people's failures, or to pick up on where someone's views on a situation have changed, and makes them somehow a 'LIAR!', as what they now spout as the truth has changed from what was formerly the truth.

In any event, I find my fellow humans, fascinating.
 
Wordle 1,752 5/6*

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛ NYMPH 84/70/237 (WB 410)(Seed: ranked 672 and used by 25 others)
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛ BUNDT 28/23/75 (128)
⬛⬛🟩🟨⬛ CLONK 2/0/5 (7)
⬛🟨🟩⬛🟩 GROIN 1/0/0 (1)(1.286)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SWORN

global mean: 3.904
 
Wordle 1,753 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ MOCHI 172/179/452 (wb 883) (Seed: ranked 2834 and used by 1 other)
🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛ DWARF 3/0/5 (10)
🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛ DUSTY 1/0/0 (1)(1.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 DENSE

global mean: 3.932
 
OmCheeto said:
I can't say I haven't seen your type of behavior before.
In my youth, I was a nuclear reactor operator on a U.S. Navy submarine.
Failure while doing such a job was not an option. One mistake, and BOOM! 1,000,000 people dead.
That mentality unfortunately carried over into my later civilian life, and I would not open my mouth unless I was 100% certain that what I was saying was true.
About 10 years into being a civilian, I let my 100% slip down to 99%, and one day made a mistake, which was picked up by someone, at which point she started dancing and singing.
Since that day, I've noticed that it seems to be some people's sole purpose in life, to point out other people's failures, or to pick up on where someone's views on a situation have changed, and makes them somehow a 'LIAR!', as what they now spout as the truth has changed from what was formerly the truth.

In any event, I find my fellow humans, fascinating.
"My type [...]"? My comment was made tongue-in-cheek. Harmless teasing, I assure you.
 
Wordle 1,754 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟩 VOMIT 10/8/33 (WB 52)(Seed: ranked 1328 and used by 8 others)
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟩 FIGHT 4/3/18 (25)
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟩 INPUT 1/1/1 (3) INSET(New), INERT(Used)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 INLET (1.000)

global mean: 3.766