Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,779 replies · 459K views
Wordle 1,763 5/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ah well. I had to look it up after I was done to be sure. Initially I thought it was a name but the other meaning was pretty self-evident.

Wordle 1,763 4/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (130).webp
 
Last edited:
OmCheeto said:
If it's your brain that made the mistake instead of your fingers, should that be called a brainographical error?
brainographical error

Hah! Good one!

Like "cerebroenergetic displacement."

EDIT: By which I mean "scatterbrain" :smile:
 
Last edited:
Wordle 1,764 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ PUBIS 147/157/425 βˆ‘729 (WB 938)(Seed: ranked last and used by no others)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨ CHYND 6/8/10 βˆ‘24 (31)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© TARDY 0/1/0 (1)(2.174, 4 max)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 TOADY

global mean: 3.667
 
Haha. I got it in 4 too but, as I mentioned elsewhere, I'm on this public computer which wont make me copy/paste. So I'll prove it when I get home! The solution surprised me though! I didn't really believe it when I wrote it.

EDIT: And to be completely honest I had no idea what THANG meant when I wrote it. Had to look that up too. :)
 
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,764 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ PUBIS 147/157/425 βˆ‘729 (WB 938)(Seed: ranked last and used by no others)
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨ CHYND 6/8/10 βˆ‘24 (31)
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© TARDY 0/1/0 (1)(2.174, 4 max)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 TOADY

global mean: 3.667

Not used by others?

You sir, surprise me with your seed words! :woot:
 
sbrothy said:
You sir, surprise me with your seed words! :woot:
My process has eliminated all but about a dozen words. I don't really choose them.
I may have to start over from scratch as it looks like I have a couple of bugs. One of the words contains an X and none of the words contain a W.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
As promised:

Wordle 1,764 4/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (131).webp

There.
 
aaaaannndddd..... I'm back up to 30 words

bipod cumin fungo modus pubis sonic
bison cupid hokum music scion spunk
bogus disco humid opium skimp swung
bonus ficus kudos pious smock unhip
bough focus minus pubic snuck whomp

Sorted alphabetically so as not to give away their actual order of my intended usage.

unused letters: a e j l q r t v x y z
 
Wordle 1,765 4/6*

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ SCION 8/8/18 βˆ‘34 (WB 37) (Seed: ranked 918 and used by 22 others)
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬› SPANK 1/1/2 (4) (2.423, 4 MAX)
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨ SLANT 0/0/1 (1) (1.000)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 STAND (reused from game #57)

global mean: 3.465
 
Wordle 1,766 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ SONIC 110/118/263 βˆ‘491 (WB 654) (Seed: ranked 1022 and used by 34 others)
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› VUGHY 2/6/9 βˆ‘17 (24)
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬› REVEL 1/1/0 (2) PEEVE, (1.375, 2 MAX)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 WEAVE

global mean: 4.583
 
I tried the old military WAG system today.....WILD ASS GUESS

Wordle 1,766 5/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Ugh. That seemed hard. Again I'm non-native (is my excuse)! o0)

EDIT: And again, I have had no idea what DEAVE means/t.

Wordle 1,766 5/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skærmbillede (133).webp
 
Wordle 1,767 3/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› DISCO 22/24/56 βˆ‘102 (WB 113) (Seed: ranked 1475 and used by 8 others)
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› MUCKY 2/0/1 (4) CRUMP(old), CRUMB(used)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 CLUMP (old) RNG (all 3 are 1.000)

global mean: 3.591
 
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,767 3/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› DISCO 22/24/56 βˆ‘102 (WB 113) (Seed: ranked 1475 and used by 8 others)
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› MUCKY 2/0/1 (4) CRUMP(old), CRUMB(used)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 CLUMP (old) RNG (all 3 are 1.000)

global mean: 3.591

Sometimes your work shows through. I have this feeling than when you excel it's not dumb luck (like me) but rather hard work. :smile:
 
sbrothy said:
Sometimes your work shows through. I have this feeling than when you excel it's not dumb luck (like me) but rather hard work. :smile:
With an IQ of around 160, I would expect no less of myself. :smile:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and edwardII
Wordle 1,768 4/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨ PIOUS 15/3/34 βˆ‘52 (wb 62) (Seed: ranked 45 and used by 424 others)
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› SMOCK 7/1/17 βˆ‘25 (30) valid solution that is also one of my seeds
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© STONE 1/0/0 (1) (2.792, max of 4)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SNORE

global mean: 3.757
 
OmCheeto said:
With an IQ of around 160, I would expect no less of myself. :smile:

I've been through 2 tests. The military and Maersk's. Even though I pulled a "get out of military free" card, they asked if I wanted to join, to which I said no (I regret that now, it would have been good for me). And at Maersk I got the job without discussion. I never learned my scores though. Then again I'm not too trusting of those tests.

EDIT: You a Mensa-member?
 
OUCH!

Wordle 1,768 X/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©

As I've mentioned before I hate it when you miss just one letter and there's lots of possibilities. (Admittedly, I should have guessed N before.

Skærmbillede (135).webp
 
sbrothy said:
I've been through 2 tests. The military and Maersk's. Even though I pulled a "get out of military free" card, they asked if I wanted to join, to which I said no (I regret that now, it would have been good for me). And at Maersk I got the job without discussion. I never learned my scores though. Then again I'm not too trusting of those tests.

EDIT: You a Mensa-member?
My navy entrance exam score was high enough to qualify me for Mensa membership. (135 at that time)
Being a bit senile, I do no remember if I ever actually joined their club.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and edwardII
Wordle 1,769 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ BISON 128/124/291 βˆ‘543 (wb 712)(Seed: ranked 1287 and used by 12 others)
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© DUCAT 2/2/3 (9)(lazy choice: top scoring non-bad seed)(WB said CARTE was a better guess. PFFT!)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 TWEET old (1.286, 2 max)(pre-game stats: 78% old, 10% new, 11.3% used)

global mean: 4.161
 
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,769 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ BISON 128/124/291 βˆ‘543 (wb 712)(Seed: ranked 1287 and used by 12 others)
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© DUCAT 2/2/3 (9)(lazy choice: top scoring non-bad seed)(WB said CARTE was a better guess. PFFT!)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 TWEET old (1.286, 2 max)(pre-game stats: 78% old, 10% new, 11.3% used)

global mean: 4.161
Again?!

I effed up, but I'm on this public computer which wont let me copy/paste. I'll post my results when I get home-
 
Oh. I waited too long (because I solved it on that public computer which forbids copy/paste). I made it in the last try but I realize that everyone can claim that. I don't know why I don't go by statistical letter frequency like AINTSE. I always go with P or W. Ah well. Next try.