Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,784 replies · 461K views
Oopsie! Must have been distracted by something, as it appears I forgot to post for the last few days.

I've only missed playing the game once(#226) since I started(game #211). Looks like I missed celebrating my millennial mark.

Wordle 1,236 4/6
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 1,237 4/6
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 1,238 3/6
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,239 4/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛ [AMEND] 42 left
⬛⬛🟩🟨⬛ [CREST] filter - 5 left: SHEEP SHEIK SHELF SIEVE SWELL
🟩⬛🟩⬛⬛ [SHEEP] most probable -1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [SWELL]

That was lucky and a deception. I used the word I thought would have been the most probable (a wink to the US election?) instead of my suggested filter word WHILE (guaranteeing an answer in 4) to end up with the last word I would have chosen between the 5 possible answers.

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 35/15 - 70%/30%
 
jack action said:
(a wink to the US election?)
Have a look at what the first letters of Wordles 1234-1239 spell … that’s your election wink
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: kuruman, jack action and OmCheeto
Orodruin said:
Have a look at what the first letters of Wordles 1234-1239 spell … that’s your election wink
Is it possible this only occurred by chance?
Orodruin said:
What you need to compute is the probability of this (or a more extreme result) occurring by chance if it were random.
:wink:
 
Orodruin said:
Have a look at what the first letters of Wordles 1234-1239 spell … that’s your election wink
I got last Wednesday's game in 4 instead of 3 because of ChaseLess's hole in one.

Wordle 1,236 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨 SAFER 67 left
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨 COUNT 2 left: TRULY, TRUMP
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛ TRUMP 1 left. My random number generator picked TRULY, but I went all psychic ...
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 and TRULY was the word.

ps.

Wordle 1,241 3/6

🟩🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1,241 3/6

🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛ [TENOR] 28 left
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟨 [HUIAS] filter - 2 left: POSIT STOIC
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [STOIC] most probable (But really not by much. Still going to count it as a win!)

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 36/15 - 70.6%/29.4%
 
Wordle 1 243 4/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Used words cut the list from 9 to 3 after 2 guesses. Two of them being filters and the one of those I never heard of being the solution.
 
Wordle 1,243 5/6

⬛⬛🟩🟨⬛ [SHIRT] 18 left
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ [CLUED] filter - 3 left: FRIAR PRIVY WRING
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛ [PRIVY] most probable - 0 left: answer not in my word list :mad:
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛ [WOMAN] filter for a new, more complete, list[1] - 2 left: PRIMI PRIMP
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [PRIMP] (I could only find the definition of PRIMI as an Italian word, so it was out)

[1] PRIMA PRIMI PRIMO* PRIMP PRINK PRION PRIOR*; * were past answers
 
jack action said:
Wordle 1,243 5/6

⬛⬛🟩🟨⬛ [SHIRT] 18 left
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ [CLUED] filter - 3 left: FRIAR PRIVY WRING
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛ [PRIVY] most probable - 0 left: answer not in my word list :mad:
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛ [WOMAN] filter for a new, more complete, list[1] - 2 left: PRIMI PRIMP
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [PRIMP] (I could only find the definition of PRIMI as an Italian word, so it was out)

[1] PRIMA PRIMI PRIMO* PRIMP PRINK PRION PRIOR*; * were past answers
If ChatGPT is to be trusted:

The term **"primi"** has several possible meanings depending on the context:

1. **In Latin/Italian**:
- *Primi* is the plural form of "primo," which means **"first"** in English.
- In Italian cuisine, *"primi"* refers to **"first courses"**, typically pasta, risotto, or soup dishes served before the main course (*secondi*).

2. **In medical terminology**:
- *Primi* is short for *primigravida* or *primipara*, referring to a woman who is pregnant or giving birth for the first time.

3. **In general usage**:
- It may refer to **"firsts"** or something considered of primary importance, depending on the context.

If you have a specific context in mind, let me know, and I can refine the explanation!
 
Wordle 1,243 6/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛⬛🟩🟨⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ouch! At least I wasn't alone. Globally, 1 in 5 people got it in 6.