Zobel network in parallel with a speaker

In summary, the conversation discusses a zobel network which consists of a capacitor, resistance, and a speaker connected in parallel. The desired result is to show that the frequency at resonance is equal to 1/2pi*sqrt(1/LC(Rl^2-L/C)/(Rc^2-L/C)). The conversation also mentions equating the reactive components of branch currents and using a phasor diagram to find the complex impedance of the combination. It is mentioned that the impedance will behave as a pure resistance at resonance, and the desired result has been derived. The second part of the problem is yet to be solved.
copresh1
a zobel network consisting of a capacitor C and resistance Rc is connected in parallel to a speaker of inductance L and resistance Rl.show that frequency at resonance =1/2pi*Sq rt 1/LC(Rlsquare-L/C ÷ Rc square-L/C)

i have begun by equating the reactive components of the branch currents.
iL=iC
(but i don't seem to get anywhere to the expression what i want)

Physics news on Phys.org
Is a zobel network a series RC or a parallel RC? Probably a series RC in parallel with the speaker's series RL?

it is a RC series connected in parallel with RL.

Attachments

• circuit diag.doc
    27 KB · Views: 286
i have drawn the phasor diagram ( which i will upload later).
from the phasor diagram i can say that
iLsin thetha=iCsin thetha

Hint : Find the complex impedance of the combination. At resonance, the impedance will behave as a pure resistance (the reactive component vanishes).

i have derived the desired result. the second part of the problem(see atached)i do not know where to start.

Attachments

• prblem1.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 214
attached diagram

Attachments

• diagram for prb1.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 288

Related to Zobel network in parallel with a speaker

1. What is a Zobel network in parallel with a speaker?

A Zobel network is an electronic circuit that is used to improve the performance of a speaker by providing a stable impedance at high frequencies. It is typically made up of a resistor and a capacitor that are placed in parallel with the speaker.

2. How does a Zobel network affect the sound of a speaker?

A Zobel network can improve the sound of a speaker by reducing distortion and improving clarity at high frequencies. It does this by stabilizing the speaker's impedance, which allows it to accurately reproduce high frequency signals without distortion.

3. How do you calculate the values for a Zobel network?

The values for a Zobel network can be calculated using the speaker's impedance and the desired frequency range for stabilization. The formula for calculating the resistor and capacitor values is Z = R || (1/jωC), where Z is the speaker impedance, R is the resistor value, ω is the frequency in radians, and C is the capacitor value.

4. Can a Zobel network be used with any speaker?

Yes, a Zobel network can be used with any speaker. However, it is most commonly used with tweeters and mid-range speakers to improve their performance at high frequencies.

5. How do you install a Zobel network in parallel with a speaker?

To install a Zobel network, you will need to solder the resistor and capacitor in parallel with the speaker's terminals. The resistor should be connected in series with the positive terminal, and the capacitor should be connected in parallel with the speaker's terminals. It is important to make sure that the values of the components match the calculated values for the Zobel network.